Taken

I wake up shackled to a wall. The pungent odor of sewerage fills my nose, and the room is very dimly lit. However, I can see a girl across from me, and she is wide awake. There is a bad wound on her arm, but it doesn't prevent her from continuously rattling her chains, struggling to escape.

"Hello?" I whisper to her.

"You're alive?" she whispers back.

"Where are we? Who did this to us?" I ask.

"I don't know. I think we're in an empty part of the sewer," she answers, her voice trembling.

"Don't worry. We'll get out of here. I promise," I reassure her.

I hear the footsteps again, and I can tell that our captor is coming towards us. I wonder, is he the killer? Is he the one who has been murdering innocent people off the street?

"Rise and shine, Lucy," the dark figure says.

"How do you know my name?" I spit back at him.

"My name is Trevor. How silly it was of you and your friends to think that I wasn't anything you should be concerned about," he laughs, kneeling down so I can see his face. His eyes are completely red, and I can immediately tell that he's a demon.

"How did you cover your tracks? How did you not leave sulfur on the bodies?" I ask, confused.

"With great difficulty, but I was careful," he answers. "Now, when I'm done with you, where would you want your body dumped? Where would the Winchester boys be sure to find you?"

"Alive and away from your dead body," I growl.

"Well, that's not going to happen, now is it?" he shakes his head, "Oh, and I almost forgot. I can't have that angel finding me, now can I?" He gets up and grabs a hold of one of my shackled arms. He pulls out a wicked-looking knife, and I watch him carve an angel-banishing sigil into the skin of my forearm. I can't help but scream.

"For your information, yes, that will scar," Trevor laughs menacingly.

"You son of a bitch," I grunt, feeling the blood trickle down my arm. Then, Trevor begins to leave.

"What are you gonna do to us now?" I demand, referring to both me and the girl opposite me.

"I'll check in on you guys about three times a day, but you'll essentially be left here to starve and go insane," the demon explains. Then, he leaves without a word. A slight shriek escapes the lips of my fellow prisoner.

"I promise, it's okay. We'll get out of here. We will," I try to reassure the woman.

"How? He's gonna kill us!" she cries. Then, she spirals back to uncontrollable sobbing. Words are of no use to her; she's already too mentally damaged.

I feel like I lied to the poor girl. Honestly, I don't know how we're gonna get out. There's no way of escaping from the shackles, and we can't fake our deaths. Damn, I really wish I had a knife, or maybe a cell phone.

"If I'm gonna die, I wish I could at least tell my family how much I love them," the girl sobs.

"Yeah. I know how you feel. However, I don't really know much about my family. It's broken and weird, but I still love my brothers. Also, I have this angel friend. His name is Castiel, and he wants me to keep writing in this journal I have. I just wish that there was some way I could tell him to keep it," I say.

The girl stops crying for a second, and inbetween sniffles, she says, "D-don't you just want to go back and say sorry for every s-single t-thing you ever did wrong?" I nod in response.