Stranger Things Have Happened

When I awaken again, I'm in the backseat of the Impala, sitting next to Castiel. He looks over to me and gives a small smile, which is something I have not seen on him before.

"Hey," I say, stretching and sitting up.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Dean asks from the driver's seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks to Cas, I'm not dead," I half-smile. "Where are we going now?"

"We're still gonna take that job in Tennessee. Do you think you'd be up for it or would you wanna sit it out?" Sam asks.

"What makes you think I can't do it?" I ask, "As far as I know, you guys would never ask this question to a guy," I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you're a girl and our little sister and things like that, but you're also only nineteen, and it's just a nice thing to ask," Sam turns and tells me. I laugh a little.

"Fine. However, we can talk about misogyny in crisis situations later," I laugh. Sam rolls his eyes.

"Well if you wanna do the whole boys versus girls thing, you can take on either me or Dean in a fight, okay? But that's only if you make it through the whole hunt in Tennessee," Dean smirks.

"Get ready to have your ass served to you," I comment.

"What does that mean?" Cas asks.

"It means I'm gonna beat them in this competition," I explain.

"Except she isn't gonna beat us," Sam interjects.

"Yes I am," I reply.

"Whatever. You'll be running scared out of that hotel in less than ten minutes," Dean chuckles.

"If that's how you're gonna be about it, I'll just kill the damned thing myself," I say. Sam gives his head a small shake, and all Dean does is grin like he knows he's gonna win.

Later, when we stop for gas on the way to Knoxville, I decide to put an entry in my journal. "Thursday, July 24th, 2014. I was kidnapped yesterday by a demon. I was tortured and whipped. However, with help from Castiel, I am now completely wound-free. I am very glad that we have an angel friend; otherwise, I might have died, or I'd have gnarly scars on my back if I had ended up surviving. However, all of that is just a thought since Cas could fix me up. One day, when he starts to go through my journal again, I hope he finds this. Cas, I like having you as a friend. -Lucy"

I close the book, and I put it back in my backpack. When I sit back in the car, I start to feel a weird tingling in my chest and spine. It doesn't quite hurt, but it just feels weird. However, I just wave it off. It's probably just leftover angel mojo. Castiel has found a portable cassette player, and he's listening to a song of some sort.

"What are you listening to?" I ask Cas. He doesn't hear me. I nudge his shoulder, "Cas."

He takes the headphones off and asks, "Yes?"

"What are you listening to?"

"It's a song called 'Carry On Wayward Son' by a band called 'Kansas'. I found it in the trunk and so I listened to it," Cas explains.

"Oh, I that's cool, I guess," I shrug. Cas then puts the headphones back on. I smile to myself and look out the window as Sam and Dean get back in the car. As we head off, I can still feel the tingling in my spine and chest.

When we reach the downtown part of Knoxville, Dean parks the Impala a few streets away from the haunted hotel. While he and Cas get the equipment out of the Impala, Sam and I are tasked with getting a room at the hotel.

"Hello," I greet the receptionist.

"Welcome," she replies, "How can I help you?"

"We need a room for tonight," Sam tells the lady.