Chapter 4- The New York Institute

Lynn's POV:

I was now regaining consciousness. Remembering the past events. My dad finding out that I was sneaking out of the house and drawing graffiti on the city walls. Getting beat up about it, causing me to get stabbed by some glass. Running from a group of 5 boys, that later looked like some type of demon, that I drew before. As well as getting saved by 3 more people. The same line was playing over in my head. 'It's okay. Your safe.'

I slowly opened my eyes, letting them adjust the lights hanging above me. Once I could see the details on the ceiling, I blinked a few times. I couldn't feel the pain in my shoulder or my arm anymore. Actually, I don't feel any of the injuries that I have had. I moved my head to the left side and followed the wall down to a doorway. The door was closed. I then looked to my right and saw some chairs around, with other beds, like an hospital cots. Was I in a inferminary, or something? I then looked to the windows and they were glass windows. Then it clicked, it was the same glass window at the front of the church. I pulled myself up in a sitting position and looked out the window and saw the front of the church. I looked more around and it looked like a suitable hospital wing, or something. I don't exactly know?

I then looked down at myself and saw I was in a shirt with loose pants, sometype of PJ pants, with a blank shirt. I then saw a mirror in the other side of the room. I stood up fine, I felt no pain whatsoever. What is going on? Once I got to the mirror, I saw myself clear of blood, and bruises. Then I saw something on my upper left arm, it was some type of tattoo. I lifted the sleave of the shirt and took a closer look at it. It was actually one of the symbols I have drawn before. I then looked around the room and saw more of the symbols. They look the exact same. Where am I? Who drew this on me? What did it do?

Then the main door opened and the same girl that helped save me walked in with a smile on her face.

"Morning. How are you feeling?" She said. I then saw that she had different clothes in her hands. She went to the bed I was laying in.

"I'm fine. Who are you?" I asked still standing in front of the mirror.

"My name is Isabelle. But call me Izzy." She said as she sat on the edge of the bed. "What's your name?"

"Lynn." I responded walking a little closer to her. I still felt a little suspicious. "Where am I?"

"I think you would have recognized it, you have been hanging here for a long time. This is the New York Institute, for Shadowhunters." Izzy explained. I was shaking my head. "I think you know more than you think." She then stood up and went to a table, where my bag was, she pulled out my sketch pad and flipped to the page with the same symbol on my arm. "You have been drawing runes for a long time. Your a Shadowhunter." She said smiling.

"Were- were those boys, that chased me demons?" I asked trying to connect the dots. I walked to the window and looked down, seeing the edges of the church ground.

"Yes. I have a question for you. How did you end up so beaten up? At points when you have been out there, I could see the different bruises." Izzy asked. I tensed a little bit but turned around to face her.

"It is actually pretty normal. Regular." I said. Then the doors opened again and the two boys that helped walked in. One was tall, he looked slightly like Izzy. The other was a blond boy a little shorter than the other.

"Good morning!" The blond said, being enthusiastic. "Is Izzy helping?" He asked eyeing her.

"Be nice, Jace. I asked her about her injuries. These are my brothers. Jace." She said pointing to the blond. "And Alec." She said pointing to the tall boy. "I understand that our injuries are normal, but what do you mean." The whole group looked at me. I was kinda suspicious about telling them. But they did save my life.