Chapter 17- Finding Dot (Tried)

~New York Lynn's POV~

I had my phone in my hand and I was texting Stiles. I was also walking with Alec back into the main room. We just finished all the paperwork. I then sent my text. Hey there Sti, hope you are doing well. I heard you are getting closer to Lydia, nice work bro. I talked to Scott a little bit. I am glad my boys are doing good. Hope to face chat with you both sometime. Love you -Lynn. I then looked and saw my brother walk to a monitor and was doing a search. I then walked up next to him.

"Whatcha doin?" I asked looking at him then back at the monitor, it then blinked 'RESTRICTED'.

"Looking for Jocelyn Fray. Clary's mother. She was in the Circle." Jace said looking at me. My eyes widened. Then my phone beeped. I looked down and opened the text from Stiles.

Hey little sis, I am very happy at getting more closer to Lydia. I hope you are doing just as good as we are. I will set a time to chat again. Love you too -Stiles I made a small smile to the text then slide it in my pocket.

"Who was that?" Jace asked after he took a breath from the frustration at finding Clary's mother.

"Stiles." I said looking up at Jace. His face then looked very simithetic. I groaned. "I am fine Jace, don't worry about me." I said starting to walk to the dorms. But he grabbed my arm and turned me around and engulfed me in a very tight hug. "Jace." I mumbled in his jacket he just squeezed tighter.

"Just, don't talk, Lynn. I want you to be happy." He said as I could feel his chin on top of my head.

"I am happy, you guys are my family members. Just like my other brothers." I said. Jace lossneed up and I was able to look up at him. He still kept holding my arms though.

"You will always be my sister, always. Never forget that." Jace looking into my eyes like I was going to disappear. I made a small smile and hugged Jace again. He squeezed me tight.

"You will always be my brother." I said into his jacket. We then both let go and smiled at each other. "Oh and try my hacking that I taught you, might help in the search." I said walking backwards to the dorms. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Thanks." He said with a lot of sarcasm. I smiled and turned back forward and walked the rest of the way to my room to change. So I can be ready to go on a mission, that I think will happen much sooner than later.

Once I got to my room I opened my door and went straight to my dresser and was getting clothes out of then. My fighting clothes, all leather and my nice combat boots that are all black, as I putting my clothes on my bed I heard the flushing of the toilet in the bathroom that was attached to my room. I grabbed my belt from my bed and folded it out ready to attack. I watched the door open and it was Clary that walked out.

"Oh! It's me, Clary." She said holding her hands up in surrender. I sighed and let my battle stance go down. I folded my belt and tossed it back on my bed. "Sorry, I need the bathroom, and this was the room I found first." She explained as I was folding my clothes so I can change.

"It's okay, I got lost a lot when I first got here." I explained as I picked up my clothes and went behind my changing blinds.

"You? I thought you lived here?" Clary asked. I sighed as I changed into my battle gear.

"Not a first, I used to live in California." I said as I came around the blinds and see Clary's wide eyes. I chuckled. "Then my dad dragged my ass here so he was not alone. I had no choice. I left my mom and brother back home." I said slipping on my belt. I was looking in the mirror and could see the sympathy written all over Clary's face. I groaned. "Luke helped me get away from my dad, he was abusive, so now I am here, and I learned that I am a Shadowhunter. I have a wonderful family here. And one back in California." I explained as I put my phone back in my pocket and moved my computer off my bed and on my desk. I then looked over to Clary looking at the floor. "Enough about my past, lets help you find your mom, and lets get you some gear. Come on, I show you to Izzy's room." I said walking to the door.