Chapter 16- Third Wheel/Lydia?

~New York Institute~Lynn's POV~

I still had my hands on my hips as I looked at the two boys offering Clary help to find her mother. In my opinion we are the only chance she has at getting her mom home safe. I then walked away from the stairs and up next to my brother.

"Clary, your best option is with us." I said. She looked at me. Her mundane friend just scoffed.
"Clary, come on. We gotta go." Simon said back to Clary. She turned to him and took his hand.
"Simon, I think Jace and Lynn can help us." She said as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on Jace. He was still a statue staring at the redhead.
"What?" Simon said really confused. Jace then started to move grabbing my arm and pulling me back to the Institute. I heard Clary pulling Simon as well. "How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try-." I held Jace back as I turned to face Simon.

"Mundane, we do not have the time." I said. I then turned around walking up the stairs with Jace next to me. Clary and Simon following. I opened the door and walked in seeing the familiar hallway of the Institute. I stood next to Jace, while Clary and Simon followed in. Jace then started to roll up his sleeve. "Right, Mundane needs his sight." I mumbled out loud. Jace smirked at me and then took out is stele drawing a rune. He then grabbed Simon's hand. I chuckled at this. Jace holding another guys hand, that is not Alec's. This is very entertaining. The mundane was trying to get his hand fee then stood stunned as I assumed he could now see the true Institute.

"Where are we?" Simon asked. I groaned and started to walk more forward into the main room. I then walked up to a monitor and pulled up the cameras outside. Jace and the others were next to me watching. "So these cold-bloody killers are gonna help us?" I heard the mundane whisper to Clary.

"We are protecting you." I stated as they both looked at me and I just made a small smile and looked back to the screen.
"More specifically you, Clary." Jace said next to me. I rolled my eyes, man is he wanting the attention. "It's sort of our thing." He continued. I giggled and he nudged my arm to stop I just smiled sweetly.

"Your thing? You guys have a thing?" Simon asked very confused, again.
"He means a Shadowhunter thing." Clary responded. "That's what they do, protecting humans from demons."
"Demons, right. That makes perfect sense, cause there are demons running all around New York." Simon said very sarcastic. I looked over at the Mundane.
"That is the first correct thing you've said all day." I said, I then looked back at the monitor and swiped another view of the cops that were outside.
"Won't they find us?" Clary asked as I typed some things into the monitor to make sure our defenses are in check.
"No. Our wards will deter them." Jace explained watching the monitor.
"And the NYPD will do their typical search for a few hours and find nothing, so they will leave and it will be clear." I said looking at the group smirking. I then heard someone walking up near us.

"What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" Alec asked coming up next to Jace.
"A Circle member followed him to get Clary." Jace explained as I stood next to the monitor and him.
"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother." Clary said looking from Jace to Alec.
"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Simon spoke up looking at me and my brothers. I sighed.
"All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt." I started to explain shifting my stance so I was leaning on my right foot for balance.
"A lot of Shadowhunters got killed including my father." Jace explained. I rubbed my hand on his back for comfort.
"And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." Alec continued.
"But, how is that even possible? It's your history." Clary said looking at all of us.
"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter?" Jace said with a chuckle. I made a small smile and followed the boys to Izzy who was in one of the desks and with a headpiece on. Jace looked at one of the monitors while me and Alec watched Izzy.