Chapter 23- Jace!

~Beacon Hills~ Scott's POV~

I was running through the woods, chasing after Lydia's sent. I stopped to have a look around when I heard and saw footsteps running. I ran after her. I lunged forward and went running on all fours. I got ahead of her and was able to tackle her down. I growled in warning at the werewolf but was surprised.

"Your not Lydia." I said out loud. The werewolf stood up and was throwing punches at me. I held my arms out blocking them. We tumbled on the ground for a second then separated. He then pounced and pinned me down. He pulled me up and tried pushing me into a tree but I kicked off of it and threw him instead. He snarled at me. "Wait!" I called as he took off.

I chased after him again. We were running alongside the river, still calling to him.

"Stop!" I flipped off a rock and watched as the man got caught in one of Argents traps. I looked up at him as he still snarled. I was pushed away and pulled away by Derek. I tried fighting him to help the man but he pulled me away and behind some rocks and trees.

"What are you doing? I got to help him." I was still fighting to break free from Derek's grip.

"Quiet!" He said as some people walked up to the man. It was the Argents. I watched Chris walk around the man. Then pull out a taser stick and shock him till his werewolf features went away.

"Who are you?" Chris asked as the man didn't reply. "What are you doing here?" He demanded.

"Nothing. Nothing, I swear." The man spoke up, slightly stuttering.

"You're not from here are you?" Chris asked, no replay. "Are you?!"

"No. No, I came--I came looking for the Alpha. I heard he was here. That's all. Look, I didn't do anything. I didn't hurt anyone. No one living. He wasn't alive in the ambulance. He wasn't, I swear." The man explained himself. I was still fighting against Derek's hold but he kept me still.

"Gentlemen! Take a look at a rare sight. You wanna tell them what we've caught?" Gerard asked Chris.

"An Omega." Chris answered.

"The lone wolf! Possible kicked out of his own pack. Or the survivor of a pack that was hunted down. Maybe even murdered. And possibly alone by his own choice. Certainly not a wise choice." Gerard walked to a walk and pulled out a sword, I started to get more scared. "Because, as I am about to demonstrate and Omega rarely survives... On his own." I closed my eyes and turned away, I heard the sword cut through bone and flesh and the last breath of the man.

"Look. Look. Look at them!" I opened my eyes to see the man cut in half. "You see what they do? This is why you need me. Why we need each other. You want to protect your sister? The only way to fight them is together." Derek explained.

"What are they doing?" I asked watching Gerard.

"Declaring war." Derek answered.

"We have a code." Chris reminded Gerad.

"Not when they murder my daughter. No code. Not anymore. From now on, these things are just bodies waiting to be cut in half. Are you listening?" Gerard said meaning all werewolves. "Because I don't care if they're wounded and weak. Or seemingly harmless begging for their life with the promise that they will never, ever hurt anyone. Or some desperate, lost soul with no idea what they're getting into. We find them. We kill them. We kill them all." Derek pulled me more into the woods and we ran away. All I was thinking about is that I'm glad my sister is not here, because I don't want her involved.

~Magnus' Loft~ Lynn's POV~

"Okay, so how do we summon the memory demon?" I heard Clary ask as I still admired the bracelet. I specifically touch the Lacrosse stick, representing my two brothers.