Chapter 12- Angelic Rune

~Idris~Lynn's POV~

It was the morning and I still felt sore. As I opened my eyes I had to adjust to the light coming in through the windows. Once I could see I saw that I was not in my room back in New York. Oh yea, I'm in Idris. Getting my Angelic rune and stele. I then sat up in my bed and looked over at the table and saw a plate of cookies and a note.

I couldn't resist to make you something. Enjoy. -Izzy. I rolled my eyes and looked at the cookies very skeptical. I grabbed one and took a small bit out of it and immediately regretted it. I grab the plate and tossed them into the little trash can across the room. Then I grabbed my back and changed into some comfy clothes. Meaning one of the boys T-shirts and sweatpants. Once done I grabbed my phone from the side of my bag and saw some texts messages from Scott and Stiles. But also a text from a number that I have not talked to in a long time.

Hey, it's Mason. I miss my best and funny friend for Lab. I finally got my own phone so I don't have to use my moms. So how's a going in New York? -Mason. I smiled big and relayed his text. I was his tutor when we became friends, he is younger than me but still a awesome friend.

It is good to hear from you. New York has been interesting, I did meet some awesome friends that I hang out with 24-7. Anything new in school. I can still help with your work if you need. If you have a computer I can chat with you at some point. It is so nice to know someone that is missing me, other than my brothers. :) -Lynn I sent the text and then took a glance at my brothers texts. They were the normal like they miss me and when can we all group chat again. I didn't have much time to answer because there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said as I put my phone back in my bag and stood up. A women walked in, I didn't recognize her. She was holding a beautiful white dress.

"Good Morning, Miss McCall. I have your dress for the ceremony. I am your fitter. You can call me Trasy." She explained as she set the dress on one of the chairs, she then walked in front of me and held her hand out. I shook it with a smile.

"Thanks, I didn't know it was this big that I needed a dress fitting." I honestly said as I walked over to the dress and ran my hand along the smooth fabric. Trasy chuckled.

"Getting your Angelic Rune is every Shadowhunter's dream. It is the mark concluding your main training and finding out what your main job will be in the Shadow World." She explained as she walked over to a closest and opened it up and pulled out some changing dividers. She pulled then all the way out. "And it is not usual for a teen to be getting one. Usually it is when you are much younger." She add as she walked over to me. "Now how about you try it on." I grabbed the dress and went behind the dividers and tried it on. I then walked back around and Trasy nodded her head in satisfaction. "I still got it."

"What do you mean by that?" I said walking to the big mirror that was next to the dividers. My mouth then went a-jaw. I have not worn something this simple in a long time.

"I had a lot of other options back at my room. I am the main designer of most ceremony clothes. But I went on a gut feeling, and it still worked. You look beautiful." She commented as I was smiling big and looking at the beautiful dress. "Now I say you say hair up. Come sit." She said moving the chair that was holding the dress before. "I have some clips with me." She said to herself as I sat down and on the chair and let her style my hair. Then once she was done she gave me some black earrings. I then stood up and looked at myself again. I was in total shock.

"I look amazing." I said really amazed. She smiled then grabbed a bag that I didn't know she had.

"Now just to add a little." She said opening it up. I then saw it was makeup. I have never worn make, ever to be honest. Never was in the mood for it. Trasy saw my uneasiness. "I can help you." She said smiling sweetly. I smiled a little embarrassed. I let her put makeup on me and once she was done I was still so amazed at what was staring back at me. "Now you are ready. I have some simple flats for you to walk in. You are still a teenager so, I will let you pass on having to wear heels." I sighed happy.

"Good, I hate heels. Unless they are on boots." I said grabbing the black flats that were also next to her makeup bag. How did I not notice the other accessories. I thought to myself.

"Come on. We should lead you to your ceremony Miss McCall. Everyone is waiting for you." She said very proper. My eyes widen a little scared. "I'm kidding they are probably getting ready now. Come on." She said opening the door. I smiled embarrassed again. I then followed her out. As we walked I didn't see any other people around. Maybe some weapons laid out like they were in use but now it is like everyone vanished. We then stopped in a big doorway that was open leading to a big room that was filled with people. This must be it. But I was not scared that much, I was very excited. I smiled to Trasy. She smiled back. "Now when the Inquisitor says your name, walk up to her. Just walk normal and then listen to her. That is a Silent Brother that gives you the rune. It will sting but you should be fine. Good luck." She said walking in herself. I then saw her nod her head to the Inquisitor.

"The ceremony is about to begin." I heard in my head. I was a little scared but the I noticed everyone calming down and making a path of the red carpet. The Inquisitor then stood very proud.

"Lynn McCall, please step forward." She called out. Then Everyone looked at the doorway. I took a deep breath then put a smile on as I walked. I then spotted. Jace, Alec, and Izzy smiling big. All my nerves went away now. I made it in front of the Inquisitor and the Silent Brother. "You have showed even from not growing up in a Shadowhunter family that it is still possible for Shadowhunters to be born in the mundane world. Now to show you have earned this you are going to be given the Angelic rune." I smiled and nodded my head understanding. I then turned to the Silent Brother. He did look creepy with having his mouth sewed but I didn't pay much attention as I held out my right arm. The Silent Brother used a stele and drew the Angelic run all one my lower right arm. It did sting a little but not that much for me to flinch.

Once finished the Silent Brother gave the Inquisitor the stele he used. She then held it out to me.

"And a hand made stele for our new Shadowhunter. Please repeat after me and resight the Shadowhunter oath." The Inquisitor said as she held out the stele and I held the other end of it. "I hereby swear: I will be Raziel's Sword (Lynn repeated it each break), extending his arm to strike down evil (Repeat). I will be Raziel's Cup, offering my blood to our mission (Repeat). I will be Raziel's Mirror, when my enemies behold me, let them see his face in mine (Repeat). I hereby promise: I will serve with the angels' courage (Repeat). I will serve the angels' justice. And I will serve with the angels' mercy (Repeat). Until such time as I shall die, I will be Nephilim (Repeat). I pledge myself in Covenant as a Nephilim (Repeat), and I pledge my life and my family to the Clave of Idris (Repeat)." As I was repeating what the Inquisitor was saying I saw my new angelic rune glow and the the crystal end of the stele glow. Once done the Inquisitor let go and let me have the stele, both the stele and the rune stopped glowing. She smiled. She then turned me to face the group of people watching. I now notice they are all wearing black clothing. Making me stand out. "Our new Shadowhunter, Lynn McCall." She called out in a big and powerful voice. Everyone then clapped and some cheered. I just kept my eye contact with Jace, Alec, and Izzy.

Once everything calmed down people went back to talking and some left to continue there jobs or work. I just walked straight to my family. They all pulled me into a giant hug. I laughed.

"Congrats Lynn, and you look beautiful." Izzy complimented as she let go. I held my new stele tight.

"Thank you Izzy, that was pretty cool." I said smiling and looking to the boys. Jace then side hugged me.

"Welcome Shadowhunter." He said. I leaned into the hug happy. "Now how about we go out and show you the city." He suggested. I looked at the siblings and they smiled back. I nodded my head yes. "Come new one. The city is waiting." He said in a weird voice. I shook my head and laughed as I walked with Jace and the siblings following. I am a Shadowhunter! Awesome!