Chapter 9- First Mission

Lynn's POV:

I was in the training room punching the punching bag, I woke up early and grabbed some breakfast then went to the training room. I felt that I needed to get into a routine. As I was out of breath and had sweat running down my face, I heard someone walk up behind me. I stopped the bag from swinging and turned and saw Jace standing there, and he was smiling.

"So waking up early and working out is normal for you?" Jace asked as he grabbed two staffs from the wall.

"It's becoming the normal. I would have thought you would have beat me here." I said as he tossed me one of the staffs. I caught it with my right hand.

"I was out on the roof training with Alec." He said as he stood in front of me with his staff ready. "I then was going to wake you up to see if you wanted to train, then I saw you already here." He then tried to knock the staff out of my hand but I used my quick speed to grab his staff and pinned it to his neck. His eyes were wide but then he smirked. I then lost my footing for a second and was on my knees but I hooked his leg with my staff. But he jumped over it and used it to hook my neck. He was now behind me. I tried to move his staff away but he just used his arm to put my head in a full head lock. He was much stronger than me. I then tapped his arm.

"Okay, okay. Let go." I said trying to breath. Jace lossed his grip and let go of my head. I took in a big breath. He chuckled. "You are much stronger than me." I said as I stood up rubbing my sore neck. I then heard some heels walking this way. It was Izzy, she walked up the stairs.

"You already joking her to death?" She asked as she came up to me. She then handed me a cup of water. I gulped it down in one drink.

"Did you just come up here to mock me?" He said as he grabbed my staff and put them away.

"There is news of a demon hunting pattern. Hodge just tracked it down to it's next hunt. We need to get there before anything happens." She said. A mission? Jace followed Izzy down the stairs. I followed. Izzy then used a tablet and pulled up some dead people and a picture of a person with bright blue eyes. "The next attack will be here." She said bring up a apartment building. My old apartment building.

"Wait, are you sure?" I asked seeing the familiar fire escape I would climb. Izzy nodded her head and looked at me weird. "That's my old apartment building." Izzy's eyes widened.

"I didn't realize." She said looking very surprised and slightly guilty.

"Do you want to join us? It could be you first official mission." Jace said looking to me. I smiled.

"I know that area like the back of my hand. You will need me." I smirked as I walked up to the weapons wall. I grabbed one of the seraph blades and tied it to the side of my belt so it hung on it. "Let me grab some boots." I said as I jogged back to my room. The two smiled as they went to prepare as well.

~Some time later~

I was walking with the Alec, Izzy, and Jace. I was leading because I new the area better, but Izzy had to explain where the attack was going to be planned. I then stopped in my tracks because I heard talking, more specifically it was my dad. I think the others realized because I was pulled around the corner. I was to dazed to know who grabbed me, but I know it was one of the boys, because of the strong arms that are wrapped around my shoulders. Once I got my sight back I saw that it was Alec than was holding me while Jace was in front and Izzy was next to him.

"Are you glamored?" Alec whispered in my ear. I shook my head no. He then took out his stele and gave it to me. I raised my shirt to see the glamour rune and I used the stele on it and then I gave it back to him. Alec still had his arm around my shoulder while his other hand was ready to grab his sereah blade. Then everyone was quiet, the voice of my father was getting closer. Then we could see him, he stepped out in the light on the phone. Then Luke walked up behind him. My father looked our way and I stiffened up, but he didn't say anything. Luke then looked down the alleyway and his eyes widened. I shook my head no at him.

"Get him out of here." I whispered, I knew he could hear me. The others looked at me surprised but stayed quiet.

"Mr. McCall. I don't think your daughter would be out here. Let alone near her home. Let's check out the park." Luke explained as my dad got off the phone and turned to him. My dad sighed.

"You don't know my daughter. She wasn't even supposed to be born. She is either alive, or dead. I need to know which." My dad said as he stared deathly at Luke. I glared at my dad and growled under my breath. "Now are you going to be helpful, or do you need to be less of an officer?" My dad threatened Luke. I went to step to my dad to hurt him as I reached for my blade. But Alec pulled me back and pinned my right arm to my side.

"Fine, but we have checked this area more than 10 times. Let's check the parks spots that she usually went to." Luke said as he stood his ground. My dad started at him for a minute then he talked into his phone and told the other officers to move to the park. Perfect. As my father left, Luke looked at me again and nodded his head to me. I nodded back. He then walked off after my dad. The others looked at me with confusion.

"That was obviously my dad, and a new friend of mine. He's a Downworlder. He is trying to get my dad off my back. And so my mom and brother don't worry. Well my mom at least." I said stepping away from Alec and looking down the alley then back to the group. "He did stay quiet once he saw that we were here." The others slightly understood but the boys were still mostly cautious. "Let's kill a demon." I said walking back out and seeing that Luke and my dad are gone. The group followed me the rest of the way.

We made it to the side we split up to cover all the corners. Izzy was going to be the distraction, while I stayed close near to be backup. Alec set up on the roof to have the height advantage. Jace was making his way into the building to find the demons next victim. I was watching Izzy as she passed from side to side, we were all ready.

As some time went by, I was getting tired, I had my eyes closed and I was leaning against the wall. Then I heard a pair of footsteps. I straighten back up and saw a man with the same bright blue as walking up to Izzy. She was very calm. I texted Jace that he was here. He said that he got the person out of the building. I looked back to Izzy and saw that she was flirting with him. I rolled my eyes. Then he grabbed her neck and picked her up in the air. That made me come out and grab my seraph blade and strike his arm. He let go of her and I stood in front of Izzy to protect her. I had my blade above my head and I was staring deadly at the man.

He glared at me as he held his injured hand. He then morphed his face into a jaw like demon that attacked me before. He charged at me but I swung the blade at his face and he slide to the side and tried to claw at my side but I side kicked him away. Then one of Alec's arrows went into the things shoulder. Distracting him and letting Jace come up behind him and killed him. I looked back behind me and helped Izzy up.

"You okay?" I asked as she stood back up and looked to me. She nodded her head, but then her eyes widened. She used her speed to grab my seraph blade and pushed me behind her and stab another demon that was about to hurt me. Izzy killed it then smirked to me.

"There is always more than one." She said I smiled and shook my head while chuckling. I saw Jace roll his eyes as he put his seraph blade away. Alec then walked up and went over to his sister. He was being the protective brother. I walked away to leave the siblings to there bickering. I went next to Jace.

"Nice jumping in to help Izzy." Jace commented with a smirk. I smiled.

"I was doing my job. Plus nice plan." I said as I nuged Jace in the side. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I do have the greatest ideas." He said very smartly. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, you always do." I said to him. "Can we make our way back, bro. I don't want to be here when my dad gets back." Jace looked at me surprised. Then I realized that I just called him bro, as in brother. My eyes widened but Jace just made a genuine smile.

"Definitely sis." He said, I smiled back. The Lightwoods were done bickering and they walked up next to me and Jace. Then we headed back to the Institute. Not a bad first mission. I just hope there is more thrill in the more to come. I thought to myself.