Sold

Sam's POV

                     After a terrible night of sleeping on a concrete floor, the morning is welcomed by the smell of rotton croutons. I open my heavy eyes to a blurry sight of a furry paw sticking a brown pellet in my face. I scramble backwards, muttering. We have decided to call the rotton crouton thingys "barf." We all agreed that " barf" was a suitable name. Dallin, being the brave one like always, tried one once. He gagged and ran over to the freshwater stream and stuck his tounge under the falling water. He said they tasted like barf and death, mixed into a dirt smoothie. It was.... a "interesting" description. 

                Later that day, after enjoying a handful of berries from a little pouch Dallin made from leaves, we were discussing the sign in front of the door. "What will happen once we are sold?" Wondered Ethan. None of us had a answer to that. "Does anyone know how much of the Gia currency is considered a lot?" All of us wordlessly shook our heads at Annabelle's question. How would we of known,  we were not raised in the Gia training program. We had been part of a small village of feral humans, back when humans were still remotely free. One day the Gia came and took away all of our parents. Desprate, my mother sealed me in a rocket with my cousins and flipped the go switch. The rocket blasted away, leaving our crying parents behind. We were only 4 , and did not understand the world so very well yet. A elderly couple found out canister and raised us. They passed away when Annabelle was 9. We searched the canister our parents sent us in and found a book explaining what has been done. After that, we had lived on our own, wondering what happened to our parents, who loved us enough to sends us away from them to be safe.

Dallin's POV

                 It was about noon, based on the position of the sun, when the Gia came. It was a tiger. It looked around, talked to the rhino who was in charge, and came over to our cage. The tiger, who's name was Dominic, based on the conversation we overheard, pointed to us and then handed the rhino a wad of cash. He then walked over to a rack of leashes, and took a couple off the racks. He then grabbed a connector leash. He opened the package and connected the five leashes together. Dominic walked back to the cage we were kept in, and the rhino opened the door. One by one, we were grabbed, and no matter how much we struggled, the leashes were each clipped into the dull, Brown collars we wore.  

                We were lead around the store as the tiger picked up various items. Five travel crates. Five cage- like beds. Five bags off different kinds of food. A bag of plastic coloured blocks, and a box of stuffed toys. He also picked up things like water and food dispensers, highchair things, plastic bowls and spoons with pictures of shapes on them. Finally, after picking up blankets and pillows, we headed over to the clothing section. All we had been given to wear was some raggedy brown pants for the boys, and ripped white nightgowns for the girls. We watched in disbelief as "Dominic" picked several onsies and nightgowns out. We had expected real clothes, not those kind. I guess it is only fair to tell you that he also bought some shirts and shorts, but the majority of what he bought were onsies and nightgowns.

-------------

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I didn't update on monday, but I got it in today. So what did you think? Did I ramble to much? In this chapter you got to learn a little bit about the cousins backstory, so if any of you were wondering, now you know.

Sorry for any grammer/spelling errors. I swear, this kindle has the most stupid auto correct! It changed rhino to think. That is the most stupid auto correct in the world. Anyway, Bye for now!