School's Ride

Halo Cross, age 19, walked through the hallway in her deep blue tank top and light blue jean shorts. Her pale skin shimmered in the bright Nevada sun. Her long, icy blue hair was always put up in pigtails.

Halo went to science class where she met with her best friend, Raf Esquivel. She smiled as she sat next to him.

"Hey Raf."

Raf smiled. "Hi Halo! I see you're still right on time."

"Yeah. I can't be late for class you know."

Raf nodded. "True."

Once the school day ends, her other best friends, Jack Darby and Miko Nakadai, waved goodbye to Halo as they got on their rides. Jack went on his blue motorcycle and Miko got on the green SUV/military vehicle.

Halo rubbed her arm nervously. "I guess I walk again..." She thought sadly.

Raf looked at her. "Hey Halo."

She looked up at Raf with curiosity. "Hmm?"

"I can give you a ride if you want." He smiled lightly.

Halo looked surprised. Nobody, not even her friends, asked to give her a ride before! Halo nodded quickly with a kind smile on her face.

"Alright. Hop in!" Raf got into the black and yellow sports car.

Halo stood quietly, then got in the car with Raf, sitting in the front passenger side. Raf was sitting in the back seat. She looked out the window, watching the cliffs pass by.

Then, Halo fell asleep, tired. Once Halo fell asleep, the black and yellow sports car finally began to speak.

"Beep beep bap boop bep bee? (Raf, how far is Halo's house?)"

"It's only 16 more miles Bumblebee." He smiled. "Don't worry. We'll get her home safely, and then we can head for the base."

"Boo beep. (Ok.)"

Bumblebee kept driving and Raf looked out the window as he kept driving.

Halo was unaware of what was going to happen next...