Recovery and the Past

Ratchet worked on Halo as best as he could until they could return to Base... Optimus went over to Halo's unconscious body and lightly stroked her cheek.

"Why did you fight Megatron?" Optimus thought with concern. "Even with your power, you could've been killed..."

Ratchet carefully picked Halo up, the Groundbridge still open. All of Team Prime went through it to get to the Base. Jack, Miko, and Raf were playing video games as they entered with Halo. Raf was the first to look and respond.

"Halo!" Raf ran over to the Bots, concerned. "Is she going to be ok?"

Ratchet nodded. "Halo's going to be fine. She just needs rest and plenty of Energon."

Jack then came over to the Autobots and Raf.

"Not to be cruel, but... What happened? The only thing I saw was Halo walking out the Base with an angry face."

Optimus sighed. "Halo fought Megatron and suffered a casualty..."

Optimus looked at Halo, worried. Ratchet walked over to the medical bed and carefully put Halo down, then did more medical work on her to make sure she would recover quickly. When Ratchet removed the bandages, the wound was healed instantly. Ratchet's eyes widened.

"How...?"

Optimus looked at Ratchet. "What is it?"

"Halo... Her wound is fully healed..." Ratchet gaped, surprised.

Team Prime looked at the unconscious Halo with a surprised expression. It seems Halo was gaining her abilities pretty quickly for a girl her age...

Halo was still asleep, having flashback dreams in the meantime. Optimus smiled at her, knowing that she's still alive.

"Thank Primus..." He thought with a sigh of relief.

Jack brought a blanket and Miko brought a pillow, wanting to make Halo comfortable. Optimus smiled at them for trying to help her feel comfortable.

The Autobots then transformed into their original cybertronian selves and did their usual work. Optimus would check in on Halo from time to time.

(Flashback Dream 1)

Halo, at the age of 4, was playing Hopscotch with her father as her mother was cooking dinner. The old Halo was watching the flashback, smiling.

"Those were the good times..." She said silently to herself.

Little Halo hugged hat father. Her father was hugging back with a kind smile.

"Oh my little angel..."

Little Halo smiled wide. "Yeah Daddy?"

"Someday, when you're older, I know you will do great things." His smile grew. "Maybe even save the world like your mother. Who knows?"

Little Halo nodded. "I wanna be like Mommy someday! I wanna save the world!"

Old Halo's smile stayed, remembering the innocence of this memory and how normal everything was. She even chuckled a little.

"Everything was as perfect as a beautiful rose... I was lucky to have such great parents..."

(Flashback Dream 1 End)

Miko, Jack, and Raf went home, leaving only Halo and the Autobots remaining in the Base. Night came and all the Autobots were asleep, except for Optimus. He was watching over Halo, guarding her through the night like a version of the guardian angel. He understood what Halo felt... Knowing what it was like to be hurt by someone you cared about. Now that the truth was known, Halo had a reason to fight.