The Police

Pierre step into the Police department. There are not many people in the lobby. So Pierre went straight ahead to the front desk.

"How may I help you?" the police officer said.

"I'm here to identify the Jane Doe. I think I might know her" said Pierre.

"What is your relationship with the victim?" asked the police.

What should Pierre say? That he was a friend, a co-worker, or perhaps, a lover? But Pierre don't know what Elise thought about their relationship. What does she think of him?

"A friend" Pierre decided. A safe answer.

Co-workers are too formal, and Lovers are too personal.

So friends. Yup, they are just friends. More than friends, but not soul mates.

Although Pierre think of Elise as more than Lover, Pierre thought of Elise as a... Companion.

But Pierre knew he was wrong. His companion is not Elise, at least not legally. Legally, his companion is Ophelia. And that's that.

"Okay, and what is your name sir?" said the police.

"Fendre. Pierre Fendre" said Pierre. The police cocked his eyebrow at Pierre.

"Come again, sir?" The police seems uncertain.

"Pierre Fendre, should I spell it?"

"Oh no, no, no. Um... Just wait a minute" said the police as he begin to walk away.

That was weird.

Pierre wait about 5 minutes before the police officer come back again, now with another person.

"Mr. Fendre" the woman said as she give her hand. Pierre took it.

"My name is Detective Fabiola Daniel" said the woman.

"Oh yes, Detective. I was just trying to help" said Pierre.

"I understand. Now, are you here to confess?"