-1-

Melanie's pov:

(will be important since that's how the heroine looks like and I only drew the two main character)

I am Melanie Melood, yeah my initials are M. M..... but you can call me Mel, I'm 18 and currently sitting on the bus to school, I lived 30 minutes away so it's a long ride up and down to mountain side since where I live there is a lot of mountains.

my hair is a light brown, passed my shoulders in my back and framing my face at the front at chin length, my eyes were a hazel brown with hints of green in them.

I'm wearing a white long sleeved T-shirt but not that long with blue jeans and my trusty green and grey sport shoes I've had for 3 years, (trust me I had pink and white shoes that still are perfect I have worn for four years almost since I still wear them) my school bag on the seat next to me.

I stared of at the distance at the see and at the infamous island in it, it was a huge island.

and what really made it infamous is that now all insane, murderous and unstable individuals were set free there with no laws only that they can't attack the staff that brings across supplies once every two weeks, there has been no reported acciden...

and what really made it infamous is that now all insane, murderous and unstable individuals were set free there with no laws only that they can't attack the staff that brings across supplies once every two weeks, there has been no reported accidents of that happening but that's because each month 20 people, 10 men and 10 women of any age are chosen to be sent to the island as scarifies to keep the 'inmates' from hurting the staff.

the place called by many names like 'devil's island' 'land of killer' 'kingdom of lost minds' and many more but the official name is the 'killer's Isle'...... morbidly fitting....

no one had any idea what was going on that island, the staff never saw the inmates but they always felt watched, no one knew how many of them remained on the island and how many have killed each other but this is a reality we live with.

I got off the bus and went to school, talked with friends, normal stuff but what every fears that could happen to them happened.

"miss Melanie Melood?" I turned around, away from to lunch table at the grave voice calling my name, everyone and everything going silent.

"that would be me?"

"you have the honour of being chosen to be part of this month's scarifies"

"what?!" I screamed, knocking my chair over, yelling and trying to plead but they walked away.

the last week I had home was absolutely hell, my family was in tears, everyone at school avoided me and no one other than my family was willing to talk to me since I had this 'role' everyone saw me as already dead. the new paper publishes a picture of each month's victims so everyone knows a bit of them.

I packed the small bag I could bring with me with a few things I saw fit to at least last and maybe hope that the staff of the next boat will let me come back with them.

I was hesitant but my dad gave me part of his policeman equipment, hoping for the same thing as me because it happened 3 times even if it's not much in the 40 years this has been around, once 11 people were saved together so I hope I'll have that chance.

I said goodbye to everyone, tears dripping down my face as got in the black van that came to get me.

I sat down and looked around, most of the people were young this month, around my age and a little older.

"hey" I looked to my side at the girl who greeted me with a sad smile. "Im Katy, 19"

 "Im Katy, 19"

"Melanie 18"

"as I thought.... most people this month are around 19" we all somehow had a normal chat despite our faith approaching fast.

soon at the harbour and loaded in a boat.

I gulped, oh please god help me.

???'s pov:

I was hanging of a tree, holding one of it's highest branch in my hand, my other hand holding a bloody axe tightly as I stared at the approaching boat for a while with a huge grin and left eye annoyingly twitching.

I silently giggled as I let go and fell on a lower branch, skipping down branch to branch until my legs hit the ground.

I started walking away from the cliff side tree, stuffing my hand in my pocket and dragging the axe after me, walking passed a freshly beheaded body and picking up the mans head, smiling at the scared look in his eyes.

I continued walking with the head in my hand, lets see the new playthings from up close shall we?