-2-

Melanie's pov:

we were dropped of at a seemingly abandoned harbour, the atmosphere was creepy.

"what do we do?! I don't want to die!!" on the of boys yelled, holding his head

"we shoul--" "we will all die!!" he cut me off and ran away through the buildings.

everyone started muttering and freaking out.

"shut up!" I yelled, putting my father's knife at the people, they stared at me if I had betrayed them and was one of those maniacs. "we will attract attention to us if we keep making noise, if we want to try to survive we need to leave the shore because these insane people know we are brought here and they will come here, we need to head towards one of those old apartment building looking things because I sure as heck don't want to die!"

"why do you have a knife?!"

"they never told us we couldn't bring something to keep ourselves safe did they? my father works at the police department for her handed me his gun and knife"

they all looked mortified because what I said was true, it was never stated we couldn't fight back against these crazy people.

then a wet plop sound was heard.

a head landed in the middle of us, a man.... and it looked recently killed.

then we heard a high pitched scream of pain, most likely the boy that ran off in a crazed panic.

"t-there is a paper attached to it" Katy whispered and another girl who was braver turned the head over to look at the paper piece.

"one minute" she said out loud and dread started to set in, we had been given one minute to run.

forgetting what I had just said, I ran off like everyone else.

"Melanie!" I looked back to see Katy waving me over to her and three other girls. "this way! I have brought a map of this place since most of it is covered in forests so I could hide until the next supply shipment"

"good let's hurry"

we all walked off towards the apartment thingies using the map, but fast.

"w-we have 19 seconds!" a girl said looking at her watch.

we ran until we heard a scream close behind us.

we all stopped in fear, I dared to look behind me, my eyes locking with a wide crazed gaze.