-15-

Melanie's pov:

we were sitting up on the last floor before the outside for a while stressing a little about the event below and what could be above.

we waited for a while.

"what are you doing Melanie?"

"I'm going downstairs Katy"

"are you out of your mind?"

"no that's why I'm going downstairs, I have bullets left~" I laughed at their freaked out face as I imitated Seth's usual tone.

"that was mean!"

"sorry but I couldn't help it" I laughed more as Katy rolled her eyes, before we heard steps.

"I said stay up here, don't try to come downstairs or I'll kill your ass" I smiled happily she was fine...... well as fine as she could be with how she looks.

"okay sorry.... you should maybe sit down; we all need sleep.... and I don't think it would be a good idea to leave tired" I said and she hummed, leaning her back against the wall and slipping in a sitting position, one leg outstretched and to other bent.

"I'm not against taking a break, all I've been doing her is survive and kill, it's a trying hobby I tell you~"

I nodded and sat back down.

I awoke when someone shook me, damn I didn't even notice I fell asleep.

"Katy sto--" "it's Seth"

"huh?" I looked around to see Stacy pocking at Seth's pale face and lightly slapping her cheek but no reaction.

"where is Meg?"

"she went up, it's a building this leads in to and she said she'll use our map to find that old pharmacy on the map because we don't have what we need to help her right now"

I walked over, Seth was laying on her back on the ground and not moving or barely.

"fuck.... she did so good after her crazed fit and attacking herself I assumed she'd be fine; I am so stupid! of course she can die of blood lust or infections!" I said to myself angrily.

"we were all stupid to assume she'd be fine, forgetting she is human like us" Katy said, I put my bag under her head so it was not on the ground.

"I know where we are and where the pharmacy is! oh Melanie you're up"

"that's good" then came time to address one question, who would leave and who would stay? not one of us was built to survive in this place like Seth was, we were not crazed maniacs that call this island their home.

"I will go out" I took Seth's axe and spun it in my hand and throwing it up and catching the hilt again as it did a flip.

"I'm coming since I am the one that knows where we are"

"I'm too I have your knife"

"so I'll stay here" I pulled the gun out from the bag under Seth's head and handed it to Stacy.

"it has 6 bullets left, use them only if needed" I told her and she nodded.

"let's go" I put the axe over my shoulder as Seth usually does, I am not killer, Seth did say I'd suck at it but I never said I wouldn't keep myself safe.... and I had already used this axe down there for worst then I'm planning on doing on doing right now......

we slowly climbed the steps and as said we were in a building looking similar yet different from the apartment building we passed our deal with Seth.

"let's go, we need to hurry" I nodded at Meg, here everyone has a different reason to want Seth to live, Stacy for protection, Meg for most likely revenge when we'll live this island without her, Katy because she's a useful tool to have with us, I'm a mix of Stacy and Katy's idea but also because I guess I'm the only one truly meaning it when I say 'our killer friend'....

we followed Meg through the tree, ready to hit and run at any strange sound in the dense forest covering 90% of the island.

maybe god really exists and saw what we did down there because we safely got to the pharmacy.

its walls were once white but now a dirty yellow and brown with dirt.... oh and of course it was red with blood.

we entered and were surprised the doorbell still worked.

"customers~" I tensed as yet again someone sneaked up on us but this time I knew he was behind me, feeling a small blade at my throat. "what brings you to my humble place~?"

he walked away, pulling the knife away and holding his blade that now turned out to be a scalpel.

he was short brown haired with blue eyes and glasses, he looked 60% stable mentally but I wouldn't bet my hand to test that, he had black shoes, brown pants and a blue T-shirt with a white scientist cloak over everything.... oh and of course it's all bloody with hand prints and such on it.

"w-we" I cleared my throat. "our friend got hurt cutting herself with this axe several time so we'd need bandages"

"NO!!!!" he screamed making us jump. "she needs more then that mindless fool!!!! she needs antibiotics!!! stitches!!! and then bandages!!!" he was really angry we didn't know exactly what was needed before going back to smiling huge. "anything else~?"

"well I lost a bit of hand" Meg said, testing her luck to see. "it is stitched and bandaged but we need normal bandaged?"

"some painkillers?!" he half yelled, running around the place, placing stuff we needed on a table he dragged in front of us.

"yeah those too" I whispered and smiled a bit at Meg.

"HELP ME!!!!" we all shivered.

"I'm so sorry that noisy bastard won't remain calm in the back~" I shivered again at the deadly aura around the man. "now pay up~"

"with what?"

"easy~" he held three scalpels in each hand like Wolverine's claw with a way to sweet smile "your friend will live so pay up with a life here~"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"

"so noisy.... I'll take care of him fast~ look around for what you'd need more~ all my stuff is new~ only 4 days old!"

we waited until he was gone to quickly shove the things in the bag of Katy before we ran out, the bell giving us away but we ran and ran, hearing the angry yells that we were criminals from the insane pharmacists that tried to follow us but he didn't know in which way we went so we got away, alive and in one piece.

we walked down the stairs.

"Stacy it's us!" I said so she wouldn't shoot us.

"o-okay"

well.... unlike what I hoped for there was the body of a woman down here now, she had machetes in her dead hands and three bullet wounds in her body.

I took the gun away and Meg brought a crying and shaking Stacy upstairs to the first floor where she said she'd leave a door open so we could know in which room she was.

I put the gun in my bag and put it on, I grabbed Seth's shoulder and Katy got her legs as we carried her up stair slowly to the room Meg had chosen and laid her on the bed.

don't worry Seth, you won't perish today....