-24-

Melanie's pov:

it took a few days for Seth's leg to be good enough for her to walk around, don't get me wrong I could see how annoyed the pain made her, the slight limp and the blood staining the bandages.... what I'm trying to say it took her two days to act if nothing was wrong not to heal, she always had no problems dealing with the pain after all.

for the rest and I it took that much day to get on speaking grounds again and solve our differences, right now we are friends again with four days before the supply ship here, eating something Seth got us.... it was supposed to be a deer but she was annoyed so it was not really looking like that.

Fearless still stuck to her side after the accidental ear clipping, it didn't change anything for him in his love for her, perched on her shoulder like a bird even as she tried to shake him off, he either sat there and laid with his front paws on one side of her neck and the back on the other side like a living fur scarf that annoyed her all day.

----

it was night and all so the place was scarier, no idea what could be hiding in the night, in the shadows, ready to drag us away to our death.... just the thought of that made me shiver.

I decided to walk up the stairs to see if Seth was okay while the others were half asleep on the couch even though they had their weapons in hand, you can never be careful enough in this place can you?

I knocked on the door which was barely one anymore with the damage done to it, I freaking could see in the room with the hole cut in to it for fucks sake.

"come in, it's open" I carefully opened the door, Seth was laying on her bed/mattress with Fearless laying on her neck like he always down.

"I told you he wasn't all that bad" I said, sitting by the bed and rubbed the wolf's head making him yawn but snuggle his snoot back against Seth asleep.

"I still want to drown him" I rolled my eyes and face palmed as she put the wolf on the mattress as she sat up. «why are you here?"

"oh euh I came to check on all the wounds"

"go on" I lifted her arms in a mock surrender and sitting close to me to let me have a look at the things I wanted.

"your cheek healed, wounds from that gun shot and scythe are soon to be just like the cut you made yourself in your neck and side, your leg will take some time"

"you know I was never in such a state before you girls pointed their faces on this island?"

"well you did say I am the first that cut your face so the change happened back then...... but I'm grateful you kept us safe, tomorrow will be the start of our last three days here" it hurt a bit to say that, I can't continue lying about my feelings can I. "maybe we should take out the thread I used to stitch up your cheek while I'm here" she passed her hand on them and shook her head with her usual big smile.

"I like it, all this.... it's like trophies maybe? some souvenir is a better wording"

I just stared at her, I saw her arch up an eyebrow with her smile as I slowly turned red, come grow a pair and do it, you only have a few days Melanie and you know very well you'll always regret if you don't.

"Melanie?"

"I'm sorry if you hate me after this" I breathed out with a loud sigh and closed my eyes and kissed her.

you know all the cliché stuff? like 'wow it felt like fireworks in my stomach'? well they are all lies, it's like world war 3 down there!!!!!!! how could they compare it to something so small as fireworks?!?!