Chapter 4

Dedicated to Jahunta99 for her endless comments and support♥️♥️😍😍

     We walked together for hours, the trail dripping from beneath my tail still there. I could feel the male tense behind me every time a drop of creamy white liquid fell in front of him. His breaths had been coming in hard pants for the past three hours and he was starting to irritate me. With my heat, my hunger and my general attitude, the continuous noise was quick to get the best of me.

Can you stop?

Stop doing what, Sexy Alpha?

Calling me that for one, and panting for another. You're getting on my nerves, and my hunger and pain aren't helping.

Oh. I'm sorry, Little Wolf, but I can't help with the panting. If you knew how good you smell to me right now, you'd be drooling and panting too. You smell better than anything I've ever smelled. You smell better than any other female in heat, and it's a surprise no other male had attempted to claim you yet. And right now I'm trying very hard to stop thinking about how much I want you right this instant.

     His reply left me breathless as a stronger wave of heat shot through my body with a bone-rattling intensity.

Oh. Can we hunt?

     I heard him sigh in between two pants.

Yes, Little Wolf.

     After that he sidled up next to me and stuck his nose to the ground. We separated from each other and started tracking a couple dozen yards from one another. From the corner of my eye I could see him concentrating on something he'd seemed to pick up. Every one of his senses were trained on the smell he was now following. Not wanting to seem like I didn't know what I was doing, I lowered my muzzle to the ground and started sniffing.

     But all the senses apart from that of the woods were foreign to me. I had never been in a forest with any game and therefore had never been trained to hunt for the animals that would live here. For the first time in my life, I was lost, and I did not know what I was looking for. A deer, maybe? But what did deer smell like? I did not know what to do.

Male?

My name is Fenris, Little Wolf.

I have never hunted in woods like these before. Only in woods by the Western boarder in the Southern Lands. I don't know what deer and rabbits smell like.

Well that is annoying. Do you want me to show you?

Yes.

     No 'please' and no 'thank you'. I'd just admitted to a weakness to a near stranger and I would not be soft about it.

Come here, Little Wolf.

     I stalked to where he stood, waiting for me. When I was right next to him, he nodded towards the ground where he'd been sniffing seconds before. I did as he said and inhaled deeply. A very present scent of musk and stock and faint lichen with a strong odor of rich milk attacked my sensitive nostrils. I sneezed. Even the watery, humid and sandy alligator scent wasn't as strong!

You smell this?

     I nodded.

This is what a deer calf smells like.