Chapter 17

Silver eyes blinked to awareness in the snowy forest at the bottom of the Wulf Fang Mountains. They took in the bloodstained blanket of white, like a freckling of rose petals, and the crimson paw prints that coated the frozen ground. The irises moved to the bodies of five Ferals, armies of crows and ravens and snowy vultures attacking the dead. Scents lingered, the one like rotten eggs and meat prominent, and the Wolf almost retched at the reek. However, his delicate nostrils picked up a smell that could have been compared to the last drop of water in a scorching desert, or to the sweet taste of brown honey, or to the soothing warmth of sunlight, or was it the brutal saltiness of the ocean and the marshes? he didn't know.

He'd never known, but that didn't matter.

     What mattered is that she wasn't there. He'd made a promise to her, a promise to protect her and never let her go. He'd broken it, and now she was gone. He didn't know where she was, where she'd been taken to, but he would find her. He swore upon his Warriorhood.

     Staggering to his feet, the white-ish Wolf got up, wincing at the pain in his limbs. He could feel the wounds littering his body, though they'd closed up, leaving thin black scars. She'd healed him before being taken away.

     Finally stable, he took his first step towards where her scent had disappeared.

     And it was with an oath to fulfill that Fenris, last of the Warriors, set out to find his soulmate.

•••

     The pub was a busy place for the ice-haired girl as she maneuvered through the throngs of sweaty human couples grinding against each other. The multicolored lights were bright, yet dimmed, setting a sex-filled mood throughout the building. But she wasn't here for this today, oh no. Today, she was here in the human world for many reasons, and as she clambered up the dark stairs leading to the second floor, she couldn't help but wonder what would happen next.

     Her golden eyes swept the empty corridor before focusing on a dark wooden door with a bronze handle. Lycaon had always had very poor taste in decoration. She sighed and set her hand on the handle, at the same time as the male behind the door rested his. They turned the knob at the same time, and the door opened. Gold stared into gold for a minute before the girl spoke.

"You felt it too, didn't you? Two thousand years, Lycaon, and— and I felt it again. Her soul has come back, Lycaon, and we must go to her."

"Yes, Morrigan, I felt it. But what about Teras, and the twins?" the muscle-riddled man asked, leaning on the doorframe.

"They will come. I saw it, Lycaon."

"Then so be it. We will go back to Ulfur."

•••

     The man woke up in the once-white sheets of his latest one-night stand. As he turned his scarred face to her, he wondered what had made him choose her in the first place. She wasn't even that pretty, with bland brown hair and pale skin, nothing like the fire mane of ice and the predatory gaze he loved and once knew. Still wanted.

     Suddenly, the sharp tug that had woken him up in the first place pulled him out of his revery once more. He felt like a light was blossoming in his chest, a fire that was slowly spreading to his tired soul. Tired of waiting for that feeling. But now it was here, and it felt like heaven. He could leave. He now had a purpose in life once more. His Queen had come back, and he would leave this retched human world behind to sail back to Ulfur.

•••

     The first thing the black haired man did when he woke up naked in bed with a red-headed girl and his brother was close his eyes again. Though Wolves had high tolerance to alcohol, Geri had taken one too many bottles of vodka. His headache was horrible, and he was wondering if that was what had woken him up in the first place, until he felt it again. A small flame lighting up his old, old heart once more. A small flame he hadn't felt in two thousand years. He turned his golden eyes to the identical ones of his twin and they both nodded. In a flash, two wolves stood in their place. The black one was missing an eye and the white half of a skull was marked on the fur around the scar, while the light one had small, golden designs on its forehead.

     Wolves of war, they were.

     And it seemed like an old friend's soul had found a Wolf worthy of her.

A/N) I am in love with this chapter. Really. It's my fav so far😍😍*claps self on back*
Sooo... I fangirled over Joel Pimentel all week, because he's amazing... I have a dare to accomplish tomorrow! Basically there's this guy that's flamin' hot and super muscled in our school, and he always sits at the table next to ours with his friend at morning break, and my friend and I have been staring at his muscles since the start of the year, (we're practically obsessed) and I was dared to slide up to their table and be like "Vas Happenin' Dudes!?" while my friend be like "Yo mah bros!"!!😂😂😂
So...yeah...
Vote, comment, share, y'all know your jobs.
- Lexie
P.S: Here's something to bless your eyes

S: Here's something to bless your eyes

My little Joelito ❤️❤️❤️