Chapter 9

And so my training started. We would walk every day for half the day with me in front, cutting a path through snow as deep as I was tall, then Fenris would send me hunting. He did not care what means I used, as long as the meat was fresh. He did not care if I told him I could not find anything. I had to bring back something to eat. If the prey was small, he had the bigger part and ate first.

     My wild hated that. She was an Alpha and wanted to be treated like one. That included eating first and being submitted to. I wasn't completely okay with being at the male's beck and call either, but I trusted him to make me stronger and help me fight. It was probably the only thing I trusted him on.

     The afternoons were for training. Fenris would teach me tactics and then try them out on me. At odd times, at night or even during the morning when we travelled or I hunted, he would suddenly come out of nowhere and attack me. The first time I had fought back so hard he had scars to show. I hadn't let him come anywhere near me for two days straight, despite the even colder front the Wolf Fang Range had experienced at that time.

I'd shivered the first night, but by the second I was so cold I didn't care. It was finally on the third one that Fenris came and cuddled next to me while I was asleep. At the time I hadn't reacted because of how frozen I was, and I'd forgiven him. I'd had to, because I needed to survive, and I could not survive alone in this polar temperature.

     As of now, we were walking, my wolf in front, plowing through the deep snow. Well, I was plowing through the deep snow. Fenris, as it was, was trotting contentedly behind me, happy he had to make no effort. I growled low in my throat.

What? Regretting asking me to train you?

No. I wish you would just stop being so happy about seeing me suffer.

I wish I'd recorded that! The great She Wolf Whose Name I Don't Know, Alpha of the East Clan, admitting to weakness!

Shut up, asshole.

I was going to say something dirty, but—

He interrupted himself and I tensed as his massive body crashed into mine from behind, attacking me. I used his weight against him and rolled with him. I was about to assert my dominance over him again when he pushed me with his hind legs, effectively throwing me off. I softened the fall by bending my legs, and then I leapt onto him again, just as he was getting up. In an unbalanced position, Fenris fell over under the force of my attack. This time, my teeth had no problem wrapping around his large neck.

That was good. You spent less time defeating me.

See, I told you it would be effective to train me! I'm always right.

No. You're not.

I can almost see your smirk, even if you're a wolf, and it's pissing me off.

Good. I enjoy pissing you off. It's quite entertaining. No go hunt.

As I started digging another path to where my nose had detected the familiar smell of dried grass and nuts, I sent him a last word through the link. Jerk.

     I blocked him out just as he started laughing. Without me wanting to, my mind conjured an image of the twinkle in his incredible silver eyes. I wiped it away as fast as I could, not wanting to dwell on how well I knew him more than necessary.

     Starting to focus on my hunt, I forced myself to stop thinking about him. I hated that my mind was so full of him. Soon, my sharp senses had tracked down supper. The hare was completely white with black ear-tips and eyes. My cousin would have found it incredibly cute. For me it was merely something to put in my stomach.

     The hunt was quickly over, and it was with two hares dangling from my mouth that I plowed a path through snow back to a cave Fenris had sent me an image of. I arrived panting, with crystals of ice forming on my whiskers and fur. I was cold, so cold my muscles were too frozen to shiver and the freezing air numbed the undoubtably present ache.

     As soon as he saw me, Fenris leapt towards me, worry in his starry eyes.

Shit, Little Wolf! Come here. It's warmer. I never should have made you hunt when even I could tell it was colder than yesterday!

You're behaving like a bitch whose pup just scraped their knee.

    He chuckled tensely down the link and curled around my body as I dropped to the stony ground of the cold, dusty cave. Instantly warmth came shooting through me and I sighed as I started to regain feeling in my limbs.

So, what did you catch?

Two hares. You can check for yourself.

I trust you.

     I didn't though, and he knew that I'd probably never trust him or at least not before a long while.

You shouldn't.

And why that?

I might not be trustworthy.

That's for me to decide.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

     He shifted a bit so he could look at me.

There's a warm spring further in the cave. Do you want to try it out?

     I raised my head and looked at him, astonished and unbelieving.

Carry me to it now!

You just can't wait to see me naked, do you?

Fenris, one day your dirty mind will get you in trouble.

Well as long as it's not today...

     Then he shifted. I must admit, he was a magnificent male and my wild found him acceptable as a mate. His eight-pack rippled as he moved to get me up, and his biceps tensed as he lifted me off the floor. However, I kept my eyes from wandering any souther than socially acceptable.

You done checking me out?

I'd say yes, but I'm not, I teasingly replied as I sent him an image of my smirk.

     He chuckled and started walking to the back of the cave.

A/N) And here it is, the Update, because I'm in a no-wifi zone on Thursday (school trip) and I want this book to be updated once a week at least.
I hope you like this chapter, I'm not too proud of it, it lacks a bit of everything except Vitamin Fenris 😂😂 I wish I had a guy like that!
Happy end and start and middle of week, hope you're all good, vomment and follow...
And yeah...
~ Lexie