Chapter 27

The hare had been good— warm and crispy and delightfully filling for the lion that had taken seat in his belly. Morrigan and Lycaon were good company, though Fenris still didn't trust them. He couldn't bring himself to trust anyone until he found his soulmate again. Whose name he still didn't know. The male distantly wondered if he'd ever get to call her something other than 'Little Wolf'. He hoped he would.

"What were you doing this far out, Fenris?" Morrigan asked.

She set down the bones of the share of the hare she'd eaten and turned her full attention to him.

He stared at her distrustfully.

"What do you want us to do with that information?" Lycaon chuckled, wiping his mouth with the back of his heavy jacket's sleeve, "We're curious to what could drive you this far out. You're from the North, but not this deep in the Wulf Fangs. Wolves here have a slightly darker fur than you."

"You could use it to your advantage. But, I guess I could tell you. You seem like you're going to stick around me for a while," he took a deep breath, not yet used to talking much after the long time he'd spent in wolf, "I'm looking for my soulmate."

Both Warriors sucked in a deep breath.

"You mean you already saw Amarok?" Morrigan asked.

She knew they'd met, but her skills were slightly rusty and she wasn't sure she could still trust them.

"She didn't look like an Amarok. All I know is she is my soulmate," Fenris admitted.

"Then our goals are joined. We are looking for her too," Lycaon uttered.

•••

Teras and the female, Etna, had been traveling for two days now. To the difference of what he'd originally thought, Etna was actually a very companionable presence. The hours that had previously been filled with something almost akin to self-loath and discussions with himself—however he had to admit he wasn't a very interesting person to himself—were now replaced by enjoyable silence, banter, and fights, physical or other.

Etna was a formidable opponent for a mortal Wolf. She fought with the expertise and strength of an accomplished warrior, and never backed down. She was almost a challenge for the massive beastly wolf the Beast shifted into.

It must have been in the middle of the third day that the tingling feeling Teras had been feeling in the corner of his heart grew into a leading flame. Not literally, of course, but he felt it showing him the way to where she was. That was more or less the moment when he'd smelled sand and sea salt.

Why the hell does it smell like the beach? had been Etna's first reaction.

He'd immediately started in that direction, paying little heed to the noise he was making. Etna followed behind in a much daintier way, sighing at him. He could nearly see her roll her eyes.

It's her, I can feel it, Etna.

Good for you. It just smells like the beach to me. Maybe she's pussy and she eats only fish.

Somehow I doubt that. Amarok's wild wouldn't have deemed her worthy if it were the case.

Maybe you're right. I think she's on the short side in her wolf, though.

Why do you think that? Teras was genuinely intrigued.

She smells like the small Wolves from the south of the Southern Lands. I stayed there for a summer. It was fucking hot over there. I don't know how she's surviving in this cold.

Oh. You're smarter than you look.

Etna bit his tail and he whined slightly, accelerating in the direction of the smell.

And then, finally, he arrived in a clearing. He could see a thin trail cutting through the unblemished snow. It was almost as though a large fox had walked through.

He crept up to the end of the trail and poked his head.

She was too quick for him. One second he was perfectly fine, and the next a something was hanging off his throat, sharp little daggers digging in his skin.

He'd found her.

•••

The two twins were running. Again. And all because of Freki's inability to keep his mouth shut.

     Fact Geri kept reminding him of.

For the thousandth time, they were asking for it, Freki insisted.

How is it their fault their Alpha's parents called him Shark? They do live no too far from the ocean, Geri countered.

Still.

Still what? You fucking sang a kid's song to mock their Alpha!

It was stuck in my head! Plus you have to admit it was funny, Freki whined childishly.

I suppose I do. Their faces were priceless. It looked like someone had just throne a handful of tomatoes at their faces they were so red!

See? I was right to do that. You wouldn't have assisted to the funniest scene of your life if it weren't for me, Freki boasted.

If it weren't for you, my life would be quite boring, brother.

     And the two brothers' journey started again. They had a Queen to find.

A/N) A potato flew around the room before you came!
^^sorry not sorry
How was y'all's weeks?
Mine was basically Wattpad, stalking and Latina music because it's the best type. I mean, you can twerk to it.
- Lexie

What is your favorite music style?

Latina, Reggaeton, Pop, a few raps