Chapter 32

Days passed. The Heat officially ended, though mine had stopped burning for a while— the cold had stopped pretty much every attempt of the licking fire to tease my core. Spring started to stretch her green cloak over the landscape, new shoots racing towards the sky becoming more common as we descended the Wulf Fang Mountains, heading East. We'd crossed the Eastern Clan borders when colorful flowers started blanketing the trees.

We had been walking for a week and a half.

We still had about a week before reaching the capital, where I would take on my Alphaship.

I couldn't wait.

Cassandra!

What, Lycaon? I asked, interrupting my thoughts as I stopped in my tracks.

Fenris stopped too, confusedly looking at me with his astonishing silver eyes before connecting the dots as he saw Lycaon's massive, dark shape bounding across the vast plain towards us. In a matter of seconds, he had reached us.

We need to devise a plan. You cannot barge in there and ask for your title. No one will take you seriously.

What's stopping me from doing it anyway? They're my Clan and Pack. The wild in them will think me a suitable Wolf to stand behind because they can feel my power. I am stronger than them.

Lycaon's golden irises stared into my single one and he slowly nodded.

I'll be there when everything goes to shit, dumbass.

I sent a feeling of warmth down the link and rubbed my cheek against his.

Good.

I turned around and started into a smooth, elastic trot, one that could last hours on end, and Fenris joined me again.

What was that all about? he asked through the bond.

He was telling me I should be careful about barging into the city and that he would stay by me even if I executed some shitty plan of my own.

The sound of a chuckle filled my mind.

I placed a paw in front of one of his. He tripped.

Dude! What did I do? he whined, scraping himself off the ground, where he had collapsed.

I felt like it. Don't question your mate, asshole.

I should when she injures me for no reason!

There wa—

I was cannonballed from behind by heavy weight. The bastard.

I rolled with him, using his weight as an advantage as the laws of gravity facilitated my work.

However, the incoming slope had not been part of my plans, as we started tumbling down. I didn't let go though, nipping at him in a manner that was more friendly than aggressive, yet still showed I was the Alpha. He was my equal, yes, but we both knew who wore the pants.

Yet I knew I would lay my life for him.

Finally, we skidded to a stop at the base of the slope, detaching from each other and wobbling about as a wave of dizziness swallowed us. Fenris tried to stand up, looking like a newborn foal, or perhaps a fawn, as his legs trembled beneath him. He crossed his paws as the unbalance caused by the spinning world made him tilt.

He didn't notice the silvery stream running next to him.

The splash echoed against the mountains that were not too far.

I, for one, waited a few moments before even attempting to get up. The world was spinning rapidly and it reminded me too much of how I had felt after being drugged not too long before the Heat.

     When I finally thought it had slowed down I got up on unsteady feet. I spun around a few seconds, trying to stabilize myself, before slowly walking to the crystal clear water. Fenris' head was peaking from the shallows, upside down, and his hears resembled those of one of the fennec foxes that dashed in the dunes down at my first Pack.

     I sent a burst of laughter shaking through our bond and he opened his eyes, rolling over and looking at me. My lithe shape stood almost above him, and he had to raise his eyes to get a proper look at my face, making wrinkled appear on his forehead. I laughed in the bond again.

     Fenris stared at me, an indecipherable emotion in his moonlit irises.

You're beautiful, Little Wolf. Human state of wolf. And you're amazing. You'll make not only a great Alpha, but the greatest. I'll follow you to the end of the world.

You're too cheesy, Fenris.

     Then, as an afterthought—

I'd follow you to the end of the world too. Farther if we find a way.

We will.

     I barely had the time to see his eyes widen as he made a gesture to leap at me before I was barreled in from my right side, where my blindspot was.

A/N) AND LEXIE IS BACK WITH HER CLIFFHANGERS!!!
I hope you enjoyed the chapter, because it was fun writing it😃🙃
Vote, comment, share, or don't, I don't really care. I write this book for my personal enjoyment mainly.
- Lexie

Do you think Lexie is my pen name, my nickname or my real name?

Well I already know, no need to ask me😜