Chapter 5

Dedicated to CATNIPtheonly1 and kateroseburnsnape for reminding me to update😂😂😁😁

I stood over the fallen calf, gazing at his empty eyes. Flies were already starting to accumulate and I snapped at them like a wolf Don Quichote. Then I burried my snout deep in the furry flank and started tearing at the meat. The blood was like a red rose petal on the snowy white of my prey's ivory speckled pelt. A beautiful poetry to my predator eyes.

     The meat was good, better than any I'd ever tasted before, the warm blood dripping into my throat. The red flesh melted onto my tongue, filling my belly. It was delicious, and all mine. My sharp fangs viciously shredded my prey as I devoured the tender heart and the tasty liver, taking mouthfuls of the soft muscles.

     And then Fenris appeared. With hungry eyes, he started to lower his nose to my kill. I gave him a warning growl that he ignored as he kept on descending onto the dead animal. This time I snapped harshly at his neck and he reeled back. By now, I had surrendered almost completely to my animalistic instincts, the Alpha in me not liking the disrespect of one with lower rank.

     The surprised male stared at me before tensing and growling lowly. I snarled back in anger at the overstepped boundaries. He was not aloud to defy me. I had killed this calf and therefore I was the only one with a claim to it. Fenris had done nothing. Even if I had not been completely ruled by my animal instincts right now, I think I would have attacked Fenris anyway.

In one lunge, I was upon him, aiming only to block him under me. This was a show of dominance, not a battle to the death. I repeatedly punched his flanks with my paws, quick as an adder's attack. I evaded his hits, until I leapt on him, making him fall. I rose above him, tail straight behind me and ears erect as he curled his tail between his legs and lowered his ears to his head.

After that I left him as I went back to eating. I tore at the meat until I was full and then backed away. Fenris moved forward and took a couple bites of my kill. As I did nothing, he burrowed in it hungrily, gobbling up the stomach and intestines before concentrating on the muscles. It was only fifteen minutes later that he had finished, and by then the sun had set and the calf was only bones, a head and hooves. Fenris had eaten even the tendons, though I'd seen him spit them out not long after.

We walked for a while after sundown, Fenris trailing silently behind me. For once, he wasn't talking, and if I hadn't known better I'd think I was missing his constant chattering. But that was impossible. I'd only known him for a day. So lost in my thoughts, Fenris had to repeat my name twice for me to start paying attention to him.

Yes?

What was that next to our kill?

Next to my kill. I tracked, ran and killed this calf. It was mine.

Oh. You were showing your Alpha because I wanted to eat at the same time as you?

Yes. You are under me in rank, therefore you will not eat at the same time as me.

I could be your equal.

For that you would have to tame and mate me. You promised you wouldn't.

I unconsciously accelerated, putting some distance between the male and myself.