Chapter 13

An ember of fear flickered in my body and I squelched it down. I was not allowed to feel fear when Fenris might die. So I steeled my heart and my mind and stared into the Feral's crazed yellow eyes, the color akin to a sunflower's petals, such a deceiving image. For his insides were rotten, both wild and man gone crazy with grief— perhaps a dead pack, a late mate, or even loneliness. I almost felt... pity for him.

Does it look like I fucking care, Feral?

You should, Little Wolf, and the way he linked the nickname Fenris had given as though he were mocking it, made me bristle further. The male is going to die, and you will be mateless. His mental lips curled into a cruel smile, Oh, wait. You aren't mated. But have no fear, now that I think of it my Master just started looking for a mate. Isn't this fortunate?

     I snarled viciously, and, if possible, my hackles raised higher.

You'll have to fight me first.

Oh, I'll have no problem defeating you too. It'll be a pleasure to fight against an Alpha.

I tensed further yet.

How do you know I'm an Alpha?

Oh, so innocent. You burn and you sparkle like white fire, Little Wolf. You are noticeable from miles away. I felt you the moment you entered the mountains, and so did Master. It wasn't long before he sent me tracking you.

So that was where the feeling of being watched came from. It wasn't the male that was coming at me, it was him. The Feral before me. A fierce snarl ripped through me, a vicious sound that promised death.

Such a fiery little thing. The Master will love you.

I'd prefer he not.

Too bad you don't decide what happens to you.

     His words struck fear in my heart as I was reminded of how much a female's life was ruled by the males surrounding her. I had been in that place and now I could be there again.

Yes, I do. I'm strong. I'm an Alpha. You'll have to kill me to get me to submit. And even then my spirit will haunt you and piss you off until the day you die.

Like I said, you have fire.

     I prepared myself for the attack and bunched my muscles. I'd only ever fought one Wolf at a time. But I shook off the fear that was grasping at my insides and freezing over my fur and when the Wolf on my right leapt at me, I lowered myself to the ground. He sailed over me and it was soon after that my teeth tore through his throat. I would not go without a fight.

The second Wolf, a gray and beige beast with yellow eyes pounced on my back and I almost whimpered at the pain he'd caused. Instead I rolled over and crushed him against a tree. He cried out in pain as his back undoubtedly broke. I'd defeated my two first openers, however, I had no time to prepare for the third attack. The tawny wolf sank his sharp teeth in my hind leg and I cried out in pain, not prepared for the viciousness of the attack. It would definitely scar.

Rage filled my mind as I swirled around and roared at him, the sound primal and furious. He had the decency to shiver slightly and drop my leg, but he recovered fast. He growled and jumped at me. I met him in the middle and we bumped chest to chest. I grappled at his throat with my bloody teeth and he pawed at my body with his claws. They couldn't do much damage—despite the typical lack of thickness, even in winter, of my fur, they were too short—but the little superficial scrapes stung and accounted for some blood loss.

     Suddenly, my teeth found a grip and latched around his throat. In a panicky move, the tawny Wolf lashed out at my face and his sharp claws sliced neatly through the fine hairs on my nose. Instantly, I let go as the fiery pain lapped at me. I yelled out as he swiped at my face again, drawing blood from the ear he'd managed to cut open. I caught myself, though, and leapt at him in one swift movement and bit his throat again. I tore through it with no mercy and turned towards the fourth Wolf.

    He was a medium-sized black beast with gleaming eyes the color of rotten egg yolk. He smelled like one too. He was Feral. His pink, froth covered tongue slipped out of his snout to lick his chops, and that was when I knew he was too far gone. He was completely and utterly crazy. The Human and Wild had separated like oil and water, and nothing good ever came out of that.

A malicious glint lit the black's disgusting eyes, and then he leapt at me. I barely had time to roll out of the way before he was snapping at me again. I whirled around, furious, and attempted to clamp my teeth on his throat. I failed, but to evade my move he'd put himself in a situation of unbalance and I pounced on him. We rolled and then I was on top. I snarled viciously, fangs wrapped around his windpipe and he struggles against. His cries turned to gurgles then nothing as he suffocated.

I turned to the most sane of the five Ferals, the one who seemed to control that particular group of individuals.

Not bad. The male trained you well, though I wonder why. I mean, you're a female. You'll only serve to pop out pups and satisfy your mate.

As a matter of fact, I am an Alpha. I control whatever the Hells happens to my Clan. And I can assure you, no female from the East will ever be defenseless again.

Such pretty words, such grand thoughts. But if you disappear, they'll never happen, right? And that's exactly what you're going to do. Disappear. Oh, how the Master will be happy of my catch. He might even let me taste you a few times.

You disgust me and I pity you at the same time, I snarled, sneering at the gray Feral before me. I wonder what must've happened to make you crazy. Did the female you raped die?

He stiffened at my words, and I knew I'd struck a sensitive cord. Even if the mating a were forced, once marked, the two Wilds bonded and the death of one plunged the other in despair an madness. I sent a mocking feeling down the link.

He leapt at me, fangs bared and saliva flying out of his gaping maw.

A/N) Here it is @tashcream and everybody else! The long awaited Chapter 13! Tell me what y'all think about it, vote, comment, share, follow, whatever!😂😂
Happy Halloween! Did anybody go trick or treating? I went to a get together at the equestrian center and we dressed the horses up!😂😂
Btw, do watch the video at the top, because it shows a real fight, not those things authors invent!
- Lexie

Question (yes, I started doing those):
Who's your favorite singer, band?

Answer: Shawn Mendes and Little Mix/CNCO