Chapter 16

I curled up in a ball on the cold stone floor and tucked my nose under my tail as I let heavy eyelids fall over golden irises. All the fight had left my body, drained by the silver, and I was just too tired of it all. I was tired of constantly fighting and I was tired of being strong.

But strong is your only choice right now, Cassandra, came the ever-present voice in my head.

    Fenris had left, but not by choice and now I was the only one left. It was just my wolf and me, like it always had been. And we'd always pulled through because we were strong and we were survivors. We made the best of every situation. We could get through this, like we'd gotten through every hard place before.

     I'd read somewhere before this nightmare that it wasn't the smartest who survived, or the strongest, or the sneakiest, or the richest, or even the luckiest, no. It was the most desperate. And we were desperate. We were desperate to survive this, and we'd take everything we were given to survive. We would survive, because we were meant to.

     But what had I been given? My looks and speed would not get me out of this prison, no. My strength wouldn't either. Being smart was no use against the male who had me in chains of silver. The answer came through a small pulse near my heart, a small sparkle of light in this darkness. I might not have been the prettiest, the fastest, the strongest or the smartest, but the wild in me was. She was a survivor, a desperate creature.

     There were tales of Wolves who has given the reins to their wild, and abandoned their humanity for the blissfulness of pure freedom and power. Those stories never ended well. The wolf was not made to be in control like that. They helped us, and we helped them. We were a whole. We were not meant to be unequal. We were both dominant over one, and both submissive to the other. But there were also the legends of the Warriors, who could give full control to their beast for the time of a battle before reining them in. They were in perfect collaboration, but their were also Chosen by the Gods and Goddesses. I hadn't been blessed with anything other than the guts to survive.

I knew what I had to do.

•••

The male's boot-clad feet came into view the next morning with blood stains and spots of a stark white color and crusty-looking texture. He reeked of sex, and, as I looked around me, I noticed one of the females huddled up in a ball with blood dripping from between her legs, a faraway look in her sickly amber eyes. She was rocking back and forth, whispering something akin to "Just a nightmare, Fawn. This is just a nightmare. You'll wake up soon and you'll be with Oakley.".

I laid my head back on the floor.

Raped another one, did you? And you think I'll be your mate after this? I'll kill myself before you even touch me.

He grinned, "What, has the fight left you already, beauty? So sad. I appreciated the sass. It made the whole breaking process more fun."

I growled faintly, showing only a flash of ivory teeth.

"Oh well. I guess I'll just mate you like this then!" he approached me, starting to unzip his black jeans, and I stilled.

     My heart pounded erratically against my chest, and I felt like it would leap out at any moment. Fear coated my senses, and an angry ocean roared it's flames in my ears, as if I were underwater. What I was about to do was either really brave, really crazy, or really desperate.

"I can smell your fear, female. It's a sweet scent to my nose, like rotting roses," the male drawled out.

    He was borderline Feral, and definitely on the edge of sanity.

     I took a deep breath and reached down into myself, heart beating faster than a cheetah at full speed. I looked for that little spark of light in my chest and pulled at it. A burst of pain blossomed within me, and I whimpered. I tugged harder, whispering to my wild. She wanted to come out, I could feel it, feel that half of my soul that seemed to destroy this impudent mutt. She wanted to, but she couldn't. I opened my mind, my heart, my soul and my body, and I tugged at the flickering flame. She surged forth in a burst of agony, her power flooding me as I felt my body morph.

     And the next time I opened my two golden eyes, it was to fight. The male was blanching, his strong, muscular body trembling like a newborn calf as I rose. I now reached his abdomen, just at the height of his guts, and he seemed to realize this too because he backed away. Pitiless, I advanced, and it felt like an out-of-body experience. I could see the beads of sweat at the male's temple, I could hear the terrified hearts of those present in the cell scamper like deers, I could smell the thick, acid reek of fear that coated the room and I could taste the blood that would soon settle into my fur and onto my tongue. Yet I was not the one that was stalking viciously towards the cowering man, and I was not the one who released a growl that could have rivaled the deafening rumble of thunder.

I smell your fear and I can taste your blood, I howled in the male's mind, and my wild snarled mentally in agreement.

     She held the reins, but I was the one with the somewhat rational brain and the aptitude to think like a human and communicate.

"I— I will c—call the guards, female!" he stuttered, though he tried to put strength into his words.

     My wild let out a rumbling growl that could have been compared to a chuckle if we had been human. We were not. We were a monster.

"Amarok. Amarok has come back!" a girl squeaked in a terrified whisper.

     My wild turned towards her, taking in the long white hair, the silver irises and the pale skin. A Wolfseer. Her eyes rolled back in her head, but not before she could utter a last sentence.

"It is the Rebirth of the Warriors!"

A/N) That was not supposed to happen!! OH well! Enjoy this cliffhanger!
Do any have that life where it's so bad at home that you're happy at school and then you get with your family and then you notice every single bad thing about you and you're devastated? Well I was going to tell you how amazing my day was, and then I got in the car, I made a joke, and I was attacked by my older sister... I seriously can't find anything that went good today now😥
But how were your days?
- Lexie

What's your talent(s)?

I can sing, write, draw, and ride horses amazingly😜😆😂