14

It was finally the day that I had been waiting for. I was going to college! My dad, Sasha, and Jaya came over to the apartment to help us load up my car and lead us on the highway. They left the baby with the baby sitter just so they could come.

"Is that everything?" my dad asked.

"Yes." I responded.

Ty grabbed my hand and pulled me close to his chest.

"You two love birds can get emotional at the residence hall. We need to get on the highway." Sasha says.

"Alright." Jaya and I got into my car.

Ty drove his truck and my dad and Sasha rode in their car.

While in the highway, Jaya and I talked about her new boyfriend and life as a freshman. She was growing up right beneath my eyes and she appeared to be looking more and more like me each day. Her shape and all! My little Jaya was growing up.

*********************************************************************

After we got me registered and got the key to my room, we started taking stuff up to my room. I was the first one there so I chose the bed that was a top bunk and had an open space underneath it. The dorm also came with a small closet for each of us and four dressers, two for each of us.

When we got done bringing my stuff up to the room, Ty began to spray the mattress with Febreeze and making up my bed, Jaya put my under garments in my dresser drawers, Sasha set up my food, my dad set up my electronics and I hung up my clothes and put my shoes away.

While putting away my things, my roommate walked in with her parents.

"Hello." she greeted me. "You must be my roommate."

"Yes, I am. I'm Ja'Nesha, but you can call me 'Nesha." I responded.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Shana."

"It's nice to meet you as well."

Shana and her parents began to bring in her stuff and unpack her things while my dad, Sasha, and Jaya were leaving.

"I'm going to miss you." Sasha hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to miss you all, too." I say.

"Don't forget to facetime me." Jaya warned.

"I won't." I kissed her forehead.

"Bye, baby girl." My dad kissed my cheek.

"Bye, dad."

They finally got into the car and drove off.

Ty decided that he would stay with me for a little while longer, so we went to go get my books.

We walked hand in hand together to the bookstore and, of course, people stared at us up and down. What can I say? We were one fine couple. They can hate on us as long as they didn't try to come between us.

After we got my books, we went back to my dorm and it was time for Ty to leave.

"Baby, I'mma call you everyday." Ty says pulling me in his arms.

A tear fell down my cheek. "I'mma miss you so much. We haven't been away from each other for over a year."

He kissed me. "Baby, don't cry. I should be crying. You leaving me."

I laughed. "I don't want to leave."

He kissed me again. "Remember what you said, 'I'll be home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and I'll try to come home on the weekends.'." he mimicked me.

I kissed him. "I love you with all of my heart, Ty."

"I love you with all my soul, Ja."

He kissed me one last time then sent me off.

Tears fell out of my eyes as I walked up the steps to my room. I really didn't want to leave Ty because I had started something that I didn't want to risk losing him while being many miles apart from him.

When I got back to my room, Shana was sitting on her bed reading messages on her phone.

"Are you okay?" she asked me.

I smiled. "Yeah, I just left from telling my boyfriend goodbye."

"Oh, I know how you feel. My boyfriend left to go to Indiana State." she says. "What college does your boyfriend go to?"

"My boyrfriend already graduated. He's twenty."

"Oh, girl, you got it good."

"Yeah. I've been living with him for over a year."

She grasped. "Your parents let you move in with him?"

"My mother passed away when I was sixteen. So, since I didn't want to switch schools, my stepmother helped me persuade my dad into letting me move in with my boyfriend."

"And you're not pregnant?" she joked.

I laughed. "Nope. I'm still a virgin."

"That's good." Her phone began to ring. "Excuse me."

I sat down in my chair and called my dad.

"Hello." he answered.

"Are y'all at home?"

I heard my little brother, Jalen, crying in the background.

"How did Ty take it?" he asked.

"He took it well, but I was crying in his arms."

He laughed. "It's gonna be fun. Just ride it out and see."

I sighed. "Alright."

And from there, my life started.