15

It was the first day of school and I had no idea of what I was going to wear. This morning, I woke up and I had a bunch of text messages from Ty, Jaya, my dad, and Sasha. I was glad to see that they had been so sweet and texted me wishing me good luck. I even had to fight the urge to cry because I was truly homesick, but I knew that I was strong and that I would just have to push through it.

I finally decided that I would wear a black short-sleeved croptop, a pair of tan khaki shorts, and my low top Bred 11s. I had already washed my face and brushed my teeth because we had a sink and mirror in our room. I grabbed my Vera Bradley carry-on and put my under garments, lotion, body wash, and clothes and headed for the shower room.

After I got out of the shower and got dressed, I headed back to my room to do my hair. I took the bonnet off of my head and took out my Bantu knots. Then, I spread my curls out and I put a small part of my hair in a ponytail in the front. Next, I put on some red lipstick and some mascara. Finally, I was satisfied with the way that I looked so I took a selfie for Snapchat and captioned it, ready for school.

It was going on 8:30, so I grabbed a bottle of water and a pack of gum and put it in my bookbag. Then, I grabbed a cookies and creme pop-tart to eat on the way and my grabbed my keys and headed for class.

My first class for today started at 9 o'clock and ended at 10:30. My second class was from 11:15 to 12:30. My third class was from 2:15 to 3:15. At six o'clock, I had an audition to be in this dance program that I had been preparing for. I knew I was going to get in because I had my faith that I was depending on.

When I walked into the class, I threw my trash in the trash can then I took my seat in the middle row of seats. There were only about three students in there when I first walked in, but about about five minutes later, a whole bunch of people came through the doors. I looked over a the door and I seen someone that caught my eye. He was tall, brown skin, well dressed, and he had muscles in all of the right places. He had the sparkle in his eye and his lips looked like they didn't lie. When he looked over at me, I nervously looked away. I got even more nervous when he came and sat beside me.

As the professor was talking about the course and going over the syllabus, I fiddled with the case on my phone. The first assignment that we were assigned was a partner assignment. After class I seen that I was partnered up with someone named Briant.

"Excuse me. Are you Juh'Nesha?" someone asked from behind me.

It was the cute guy that was sitting beside me.

"It's pronounced Jah-'Nesha." I corrected him. "You must be Briant."

"Sorry about that. Yes, I am." He held out his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

I shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you too. You can call me 'Nesha."

"That's easier to pronounce." he joked.

I laughed.

So he had a sense of humor. Ty had a sense of humor as well and that was who I should've been thinking about. I had to be loyal and not let my body take over control.

"So, we are suppose to do a skit on plea bargaining." Briant said as we walked out of the building. "So, are you trying to get together to come up with a skit?"

"What time?" I asked.

"Is 12:45 alright?"

"Yeah, in the union?"

"Sure." He winked and walked away.

I had to keep reminding myself that I was dating Ty and that I made a promise not to take interest in anyone else. I couldn't break my promise. Loyalty was the key and that was what I had to be.