18

The first day back to school was probably going to be one of the days that I was not looking forward to. I really didn't want to leave my family, but that would've been putting my education at risk. Life was going to be pretty rough, but good thing that I had friends on campus to help me cope with it.

I got out of bed and washed my face and brushed my teeth. Next, I picked out a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a long-sleeved, black croptop, a thin, green peacoat, and my black Tims. I put my outfit in my Vera Bradley carry-on along with my body wash, perfume and my undergarments. Finally, I headed down to the shower room to wash and get dressed.

When I got done getting dressed, I went back into my room and did my hair. I put my braids in a bun and I put on some dark red lipstick and some mascara. Then, I put my contacts in. After that, I put a bottle of water, somes grapes, a salad, and a pop-tart in my Vera Bradley lunch bag. I grabbed my phone off of the charger and my bookbag and lunch bag then headed off to my first class.

Walking to my first class, there were already a few people in and this girl named Siena. Briant was looking me up and down like he had never seen me before. Honestly, I didn't have any feelings for him, but it felt good to know that he could see what he was missing out on.

"Goodmorning." he greeted me.

I smiled friendly. "Goodmorning."

"How was your holiday?"

"It was pretty good. What about yours?"

"It was pretty good as well." He winked at me.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Alright, class." The professor called to order.

I turned my attention to the front of the classroom and let it stay there.

*********************************************************************************************

After my first two classes, I walked into the Union and found myself and empty booth near a wall. I began to eat my food and started writing my essay for one of my classes. It had to be at least 3-5 pages about a chapter in the book we had to read.

While jotting down notes about the chapter on sticky notes, Briant walked over to where I was sitting.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked referring to the empty seat across from me.

"It's all yours." I say giving him the seat to him.

He sat down and began to work on something for his class. I looked at the way he read his book. He moved his lips when he read. Kind of like a little kid that was reading their first book. He looked up at me.

He smiled. "What?"

"You know you move your lips when you read?" I asked.

He smirked. "Force of habit."

I ate the rest of my salad and I finished taking notes on the chapter we had to read.

When I checked the time, it was going on 1:40. I put a piece of gum in my mouth and gathered my stuff.

"I'll see you around. I have to go to my next class." I say to Briant.

"Alright." He winked at me.

I walked out of the lounge and to my next class.

On my way to class, a few guys gave me seductive looks, but I didn't pay them any attention. I saw a couple of friend, but I just waved and kept it moving. It was a little chilly outside, but I didn't let that stop my shine.