Chapter 3: Battle of Trials

Kaminari POV

"'kay, I'm off!" I say as I left the place.

"Okay! Be careful and don't waste time coming back home!" my mom shouts back.

"'kay, 'kay," I say while closing the door behind me.

I sigh as I look at the photo I found last night between the picture book. I don't even know why I brought it. Sigh. 'I'll just show it to her, easier than explaining.'  I thought. I put the photo back in my bag as I walked to school. I look at my phone to check for any notifications. Nothing important. 'I don't see (L/n) anywhere' I thought, 'well, I'll see her in class.'

I walked into the classroom and found (L/n) in her seat with her earbuds in, staring at her phone. I sat in front of her trying to make a conversation.

"Hey (L/n)-chan~"

"*ignores*"

I sigh and face forward, this is not gonna work and I'm not gonna show her the photo until she doesn't hate me as much.

(Y/n) POV

 'Why is this guy always trying to talk to me?'  I thought. 'So annoying'

I continued to watch anime until class began. Aizawa-sensei came in and started homeroom like normal. It was a normal day and lunch came along. I decided to go to the same hallway, it wasn't a bad to place to eat honestly, I can watch anime, comfortable, no one to bother me- 'I spoke too soon', I thought.

"(L/n)! Why are you here alone again?" Kaminari screamed from the other end of the hallway. "Didn't I tell you to come to eat with us."

Kaminari POV + mini flashback

'Hmm, (L/n)'s not eating lunch with us and she's not even in the cafeteria' I thought, ' Not that I care! Oh, she's probably in that corner again. Ok, let's go check.'

"Kaminari! Where are you going?" Kirishima asks.

"He's going to find (L/n) obviously. He definitely likes her." Sero says.

"Omg, shut up," I say, "I'm just a nice enough guy to go looking for someone that obviously has absolutely no friends. And how are you guys saying that when it's the second day of school?"

"Yeah, yeah, have fun!" Kirishima and Sero teased in unison.

I walk to the same hallway, at the far end in the corner sits (L/n). 'Bingo.' I thought.

(Y/n) POV

'Ugh, I can list at least four problems with this situation. First, I TOLD HIM that I won't eat with them. Second, he's here. AGAIN. Third, I'm reading manga AND it's a good part. Fourth, WHY DID HE BRING HIS LUNCH WITH HIM???' 

"Go away," I say. I have way too many things to complain about so I give up.

"Awww~ don't be so mean," he says. And sits beside me.

"Didn't I say go away?" I say coldly. He starts to eat his lunch which I simply ignore and continue to read my manga. I don't even bother to pull out my earphones.

We end up eating lunch in silence but I guess it was a bit nice to have some company

~~~

After lunch, we had normal classes, then we had a hero class, taught to us by All Might.

"I AM-" All Might yells, "COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON"

I sigh.

"We will be starting the battle of trials now. You will be grouped into groups of two and will fight each other as a villain and a hero." He explained. "Once the hero team captures the weapon, the hero team wins, if the villain protects the weapon until the end, then they win."