Chapter 9: Sports Festival: One vs One

(A/N To apologize for the shorter chapter from last time and the lack of updates, I have come back with a longer chapter!)

Kaminari POV

'Wait. No. I don't like her. No no, that must be a mistake, no way I like her. Right?'

"Okay!! We will have a 10-minute break/intermission starting now to get ready for your one vs one. You are free to use this time freely!" Midnight says

'I seriously wonder what I can do to beat (L/n), she's strong. Like seriously. But I'm not gonna go around losing.'

(Y/n) was around the corner filling herself with sports drinks and energy bars, probably to make sure her stamina lasts as long as possible. She just sits there and saves energy. 'Well, with the quirk and power she has, I swear she wouldn't need to get ready for someone like me... but I can win too!!' I thought furiously. 'What do I do though? My electric quirk does absolutely no damage to her. And I'm not the best at hand to hand combat, while that's one of her best fighting methods. I have to push her out of bounds, but would she let me do that anyway?'

"Your ten minutes are up! Competitors, please come to the waiting hall." Midnight announces

'What, 10 minutes are up already?' 

I walk into the waiting hall. The atmosphere is so heavy. Everyone's nervous. This is everyone's chance to be seen by the scouts of the pro-heroes. Well, almost everyone was nervous except for Todoroki, Bakugou, and (Y/n). 'Yeah, obviously she's not nervous, she's going against me.'

"Hey! (L/n), I'm going to beat you today! I have absolutely no idea how I'm gonna do it, but I'm going to beat you today!" I say

"Yeah, I have no idea how I can lose to you either. You haven't won to me once, even by luck," she replies

I sigh. "Thanks for lowering my self-esteem-" I start but she cuts me off. She tugs on my cheeks and says, "You're the one who said not to sigh. That's why I haven't been sighing lately and I started to smile." She smiles. "Smile, smile!" I feel the heat rise to my face.

"Yeah, yeah. I know, I know." I say as she lets go of my cheeks. "I think you're pretty strong though, Kaminari. It's just that I'm way too strong."

"We'll see about that. You might just so happen to lose you know?"

"Nope. Impossible," she says

"Nope. Definitely Impossible," Kirishima repeats

"Mm-hmm. Not Possible," Sero continues.

"WHY ARE YOU TWO ALWAYS HERE?? YOU GUYS LEGIT MADE IT TO THE TOP 16?" I say in shock.

"Oof, I can't believe KAMINARI just said that." the three of them say in unison.

"Ohh, and that's not why we're here, right Sero~," Kirishima says.

"Yeah, but that's not why we're here, right Kirishima~," Sero says.  

"Just who did we spot blushing a little bit earlier?" Kirishima and Sero say.

"Wow, you must really like Uraraka," (L/n) says

"First of all, no I was not blushing, and second, how the heck did you get the idea that I like Uraraka from?"

"KAMINARI DENKI AND (L/N) (Y/N) PLEASE COME TO THE FIELD. YOUR MATCH WILL BE STARTING SOON." Present Mic yells from the speakers.

"Oh my gosh, did we just miss Midoriya vs Shinso's match?" Kirishima asks.

Kirishima and Sero head up to the balcony to watch our match while I go to the field. I know that my quirk won't work on her but I hope I can stay as close as possible to the end line and manage to push her out of bounds. That's the best Idea I can possibly think of right now.