Chapter 7: Sports Festival: Race

(Y/n) POV

'The sports festival is tomorrow and until then, I have to train really hard. I made Denki train with me so he should be here anytime. The main attacks I can use with my quirk are, lightning and wind, other than flooding the whole arena with water. Momo said that there's probably more to my quirk than just controlling the weather and attracting 'weather elements' to me. I wonder what she means, and why she says that. If she's right, I really hope that I would be able to find it before the sports festival, it would really help a lot.' I thought.

*Knock, knock.*

Yeah, yeah, coming, coming.

At the door was Kaminari. He had his normal clothes on, but it looked like it was perfect for letting his quirk go.

"Ok, let's get going," I say.

We headed to a quirk center, where you could practice and use your quirk for training purposes. It was mostly used by people like us who wanted to become heroes when we grew up. Since we go to UA, we were allowed to use it freely. There are various practice places, but we went out to the field so I could actually use my quirk. We train for about 2 hours, then take a break.

"(L/n), why do you never make it rain? Like as an attack. Water is pretty powerful." Kaminari asks.

"That's because I can make a miniature rain cloud and make rain, but the smaller it is, the less water it can hold, and the bigger it is, the water doesn't accurately hit what I want to hit, I mean, after all, it is rain."

"Oh, I see. My quirk probably works even I overuse it, maybe not that much but I can probably use it. I just need to find a way to use it while my brain's on short circuit."

"Oh, so when you're brain short circuits you get stupid to the point that you can't use your quirk?"

"Don't say it like that, but yeah, probably."

"Haha, that's not what I meant but what kind of training could you do to get over that?" I question. "Like, make sure your brain doesn't short circuit as much. Or do you want to become smarter so that you can still control your quirk even when you get infinitely dumber? Well I think the main problem is that you're extremely stupid, to begin with"

"Just shut up. I didn't catch half of what you just said but I can tell you're insulting me. So just shut up."

"Okay, okay" I laugh.

After that, Kaminari and I trained for a while more and I almost flooded our section of the practice area, I finally showed him what I could seriously do with rain. He was so terrified. That was seriously funny.

"Why don't you always do that? If you can flood the venue isn't that something you could use?" he asks

"I can swim really well, but it's not like my quirk's related to water or gives me an advantage with water. For example, like I can withstand getting hit by lightning, that's part of my quirk, I can withstand water, but that's no different from anyone else. If I'm going against Tsuyu, I would be at a disadvantage if I flood the venue."

"You keep explaining things and I keep getting confused. Why is that?"

"It's cuz ur stupid. (*-* <-- Kaminari)"

~Time Skip I'm sorry, I'm just really lazy~

Beep

Beeeeeep

BEEEEEEEEP

"Okay, okay I'm awake," I mumble while turning off my alarm.

I get up, get dressed, pack my stuff and walk to school. On my way to school, I bump into Kaminari.