Chapter 8: Sports Festival: Cavalry Battle

"We will be starting the Cavalry Battle now. Everyone will get a specific number of points depending on your place you came out in on the whole school race we just did. You can choose your own groups and we will give you a headband that has the total of your points written on it. Oh, by the way, these are groups of four." Midnight says.

'Hmm, I don't know who to go with, but I'm not going with Midoriya who has one million points.'

"Heeeyyyyy, (L/n), over here!!" Kaminari yells.

He's with Todoroki and Iida in need for one more person. I run up to them feeling glad that Kaminari called me to let me in. My stomach flutters. 'Why did my stomach flutter just now? Am I sick? Oh no. Not now, don't tell me that I'm sick today...'

"Are you sure I can join you guys?" I ask

"Yeah. It's actually lucky that we were able to get you in our team." Todoroki said, cooly, while smiling a bit. Just a bit.

'Woowwww. This guy does look good. And this guy's voice..... a real ikemen...' I thought

"Thanks, Todoroki, wow, I feel better now that the honour student of our grade complimented me," I say sheepishly while scratching my neck.

"No problem," Todoroki says back

"Tch," Kaminari says under his breath but of course, Kirishima and Sero are there to tease him.

"Ohhh~ Kirishima~~ who do you see getting jealous...." Sero says.

"Ohhh~ Sero~~ who do we see getting jealous...." Kirishima says.

"OMG WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP FOR ONCE???" Kaminari yells flustered

Todoroki just simply laughs and Iida questions whether Kaminari like (L/n) but Kaminari covers his mouth in time. (A/N nice save Kaminari!) (Y/n) is so very confused right now.

"Ohhh~ Kaminari... who do you like~" I tease

"W-what are you talking about!!! I don't like anyone, blehhhhh!!" he whines

"Are you three?" Todoroki questions, disappointed with Kaminari.

"Hmm... is it Uraraka-san?" I question, getting close to his face while teasing him.

Deku is looking this way and I can tell that I have just hurt someone.

"No, it's not. No not Uraraka." He says getting flustered with how close my face was. (Well, since we are all so dense, we thought that Kaminari liked Uraraka. DA DENSEST! sorry... Ima leave now...)

"Don't worry! I won't tell anyone Kaminari." I say trying to reassure him for something that I misunderstood.

"What? You're not gonna tell who what?" Kaminari says.

"Not gonna tell Uraraka that you like her."

"But I don't. Like seriously. I don't. Like you can tell her and I won't care, cuz like I don't."

"Yeah, yeah sure sure" I tease. But while I tease him about it, my stomach hurts a bit. Why is it? I wonder. Is it because I'm sick?

"Cavalry Battle starting in.... 3... 2... 1... Gooooo!" Midnight yells.

(A/N yes, I know that this was supposed to be a group of Yaomomo, Iida, Todoroki and Kaminari and I'm sorry Yaomomo but we're taking over your spot. And the number of points we have will be counted assuming that we are in the place that Yaomomo came out, not 3rd... so sorry...)

Iida runs as fast as he can and Kaminari decides to be plain useless. I go along with the plan that Todoroki told us before we started. As soon as we got close enough to a group, we stood there for a bit and stalled. People around us thought that it was their chance to get our headband, but little did they know that I was preparing my quirk to get a gust of wind. The wind picked up and blew everyone away, but made the headbands slip off and came to me. It was perfect. We just got about 4 headbands in one go, including the 1 million.

Many teams tried to get to us but one of us defended, Iida ran away or Todoroki attacked, not to mention the one and only attack Kaminari did.

We ended up winning an easy win. It was nice. I really liked our team.

"Wow. Yeah, you're really cool (L/n) just like I thought. As expected of a recommended student." Kaminari says.

"Thanks!" I smile. I'm so happy that Kaminari complimented me. I don't know why though. He pats my head and tells me to get ready, we have to fight the one on one after this. I look back at him walking away, but I definitely feel sick. I decide to go ask Uraraka-san about it.

"Umm... Uraraka-san?" I walk up to her

"Hm? What is it (Y/n)-chan? And you can call me Ochako? Did I not say that before?" Uraraka answers

"Oh ok, Ochako. Umm, I don't feel well, like I think that I'm sick. Like sometimes my face would suddenly heat up, or I would start to feel nervous out of nowhere or I start to feel emotionally hurt... What do you think's wrong with me?" I question extremely seriously.

"BWAAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Ochako was laughing at me

"What? Did I say something weird?" I say starting to get red wondering if I just said something really embarrassing.

"No, don't worry about it, you're not sick," Ochako reassures me.

"Then what's wrong with me?"

"You're... Hmmm... Yeah, I'm not gonna tell you. Since you don't understand what this emotion is, it must be your first time experiencing it. So I'm not gonna ruin it for you by telling you. Find out yourself! And since you're in the thrill of this adventure inside your emotion, I suggest you have fun. It may make you feel painful sometimes and it may make you feel nervous but have fun. Hatsukoi. Enjoy it."

"What... NOOO TELL MEEEEEEE" I beg Ochako.

"Nope. But I'll give you a hint." Ochako says. I lean in to listen carefully and Ochako whispers into my ear: "It only happens when Kaminari-kun's around right?" I feel my face go red. Wait. Why did I just blush? I was in deep thought until Ochako realizes that the combination for the One vs one was up. I looked for my name and realize that my first opponent was Kaminari. 'First round's easy' I thought. I looked for Ochako's name while she stood there in horror. Her first opponent was Bakahoe Bakatsuki. I told her that everything's fine and that she definitely had a chance of winning to that terrible human being, but obviously Bakugou was listening to that and Obviously, he would want to kill me, so I got yelled at for about 5 minutes straight of swear words. It was a miracle it ended in five minutes.

Kaminari POV

'Ughh, my first opponent is (L/n)? I'm gonna lose.' I thought

'She was talking to Uraraka while getting yelled at by Bakugou which just made me scared of her. No one possibly had the guts to ignore Katuski and talk to someone else while he was super mad. And he was beyond super mad. Maybe Todoroki would have the guts to do that but in his case, he just wouldn't care. And talk about Todoroki. Does (L/n) like that guy? Ugh, ikemen really do have it easy, don't they? Ugh. Why am I thinking through all this stuff?' I kept thinking.

I look at (L/n) and she's smiling so hard that I thought I saw her smile go off her face. But she looked so happy. When I saw that smile, I realized that seeing her happy, made me happy and what I wanted to see was her smile.

When I saw that smile, I realized that I was in love with her.

(A/N I'm sorry for the shorter chapter this time. I know it's super boring but please keep reading because I will introduce the new part of her quirk within the next chapter or two. Again, thank you so much for reading this fanfic and I hope you enjoyed it. C ya next story. PLUS ULTRA!)