The Start

I remember the day it all started.

My parents were invited to a dinner party and of course they made 4-year-old me tag along.

Even though all I wanted to do at that time was watch Animal Planet at home. 

Yes, even at the age of four, I was beyond infatuated with animals and found them absolutely endearing.

So, Mom dressed me up in a scratchy yellow colored dress with white polka dots and to go with that, she made me wear these really uncomfortable white shoes in which my pinky toe would fold up; with the shoes being a little small.

But that was not all. To go with my already aggravating dress and uncomfortable shoes, she made me wear a gold necklace that had a tiny butterfly on it.

Now, although Mom made me look pretty. I didn't feel it. But I didn't complain once because she seemed happy about how I looked. And I love watching her smile and making her happy.

At the party, all was going well. Until, mom and dad introduced me to this old lady who was very scary.

Believe me, she reminded me of that ghost lady from Insidious. Yeesh.

Her face was CAKED with white powder and her red lipstick reminded me of ketchup.

I hate ketchup.

I remember when she pinched my cheeks very hard and said the words that haunted me my whole life:

"You're so chubby!!"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
This is my first story..and my first chapter.
Very excited to share this story with you guys.
Hope you like it,
Teddy 🐾