Chocolate

"So?" Theodore asks as he buckles his seatbelt and starts the engine. He looks over at me and I shrug. His shoulder deflate, "is this going to be the kind of thing where I'm the only one who talks?" He pouts and tries to widen his eyes like a puppy.
I laugh and shake my head. He looks at me pointedly and I laugh again, "No, I'll speak. If that's okay with you," I sigh dramatically and rest my head against the window.
We look at each other and burst out laughing at the same time.

"Where to, princess?" He asks again.
I ignore what he calls me and respond as best as I can, trying not to let out that I'm nervous, "Ice cream?"
He grins broadly and nods his head.

•••

"Wait, so you want to be a model?" He asks me confusingly and I nod my head, avoiding eye contact. "Well, that's great. You can totally be one and I think you'd actually be quite popular, with your looks and all."
I squint my eyes at him and smile weirdly, "my looks and all?" I ask him teasingly and notice his cheeks turn pink.

"Well, yeah. I happen to find you absolutely breathtaking."

This time, my cheeks turn a bright red and there's nothing I can do except look out the window, avoiding eye contact.
He stops the car after driving for a while and turns to look at me with a soft smile, "chocolate?"

"Chocolate."

"Maybe chocolate will be our always."

"Just get me my ice cream, Augustus Waters."

"As you wish, Hazel Grace Lancaster."

He winks at me and gets out of the car, walking to an ice cream truck he told me sells the best ice cream he's ever tried. Better than London Dairy's apparently.
He comes back a few moments later and hands me my cone. I smirk at him when I realize he got himself chocolate as well, and he got sprinkles on both.
We eat our ice cream cones in silence. But it's not awkward anymore; if anything, it's the most comfortable of silences.

I realize I never answered his question, "yeah, I wanted to be a model." He looks at me as I start speaking but doesn't say anything; patiently waiting. And so I continue, "but I got rejected. And so, I lost the heart to ever try again."

He still doesn't say anything. And just looks at me.

"Thank you," He starts quietly. "For telling my that. Even though you didn't have to. But I appreciate it and so," he speaks a little louder in a playful voice. "I'm going to let you in on a deep secret myself."
I smile and turn to look at him completely, extremely curious. I rest my chin on my hand, "please do share."

He ruffles his hair and looks around nervously at first and then takes a deep breathe, "I used to paint."

I'm shocked at this because I would've never imagined him as the painting type. "You did? Why'd you stop?"
He looks back at me and smiles sadly,

"I lost inspiration."

•••

"So, did you have fun?" Natalie asks me eagerly as she wipes the plate she just washed. I'm sitting on a chair next to the counter top and nod my head. Natalie sends a look my way as she finds me nodding my head. "Are you serious? Come on, give me the details!" She grins wide and takes a seat next to me, looking at me with wide, curious eyes.

I sigh and try to control my smile, "We went out for ice cream and just talked."

Natalie looks disappointed at my answer; or lack there of.

"Mommy?" came the groggy voice of Casper as he stood in the doorway. He was still in his pajamas , holding his stuffed elephant he called 'Teddy' and rubbing his eyes.

"Come here," Natalie says as she walks over to him and picks him up. He puts his arms around her shoulder, still holding on to his 'Teddy' and puts his head on her shoulder.

I smile and take a picture of it, sending it to Joe.

A minute later he texts back the emoji with heart eyes.

"Aunt Lilo?" Casper groggily mumbles and I look up from my phone to find him eyeing my face. "Your blue paint is coming off slowly."

I smile and nod at him, holding my arms out for him to come in them and he does. "It is," I whisper to him as he clings tightly to me.

"I'll make waffles," Natalie says and start getting all the ingredients out as Casper mumbles,

"Sunday Waffles."

•••

Casper and I are currently cuddling on the couch as we watch Finding Dory and Casper even brought along his huge stuffed Nemo.

The front door opens and Natalie glares at us jokingly as she runs to get it. A few moments later, footsteps enter the living room and another weight is added on the couch. Casper and I don't check to see who it is because we're so engrossed in the movie.

A sigh is heard from the person and then a voice speaks up, "Hey guys."

*silence*

"You know, it's rude to ignore a guest."

*silence*

"I'm not happy."

*still silence*

"I'm going to get some popcorn."

"Get us some?" Casper and I ask at the same time.

Theodore smirks in victory and nods his head as he gets up to get some popcorn. He comes back soon with two big bowls of popcorn and sets one in Casper's lap and one in mine.

I frown as I realize he didn't get himself one, "Aren't you going to eat?"

He smiles at me and shakes his head. I offer him the bowl and wiggle it in front of his face, trying my best to tempt him. He chuckles and takes two, popping them into his mouth.

After that we watch the movie in silence, only passing bowls to each other.

But during some time in the movie, I saw Theodore stare at me from the corner of of my eyes.

He didn't look away until the movie ended.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I threw up twice last night.

Sorry if that disgusts you. I mean if you happen to be eating something while you read this and then you feel nauseous I'm sorry because that's really sad and horrible of me. On the bright side though, I'm honored if you're actually reading my book while you at something because that's like..woah.
Eating and reading a book? Damn, must be a good book.
You know what I'm saying?
I'm rambling. I'll stop.

But anyway, did you notice what name I gave Casper's stuffed elephant?

Thanks for reading,
Teddy 🐾