Blue Paint

⚠️warning!⚠️ this chapter contains violence!
You have been warned. Tread carefully, reader...

"What did you have for dinner last night?" Blondie asks me as her four minions stand behind her, twirling their hair and showing their pearly whites. "A whole goat?" Her minions cackle and they high five each other.

Hardy har har.
So funny.

I roll my eyes and walk away from her, only to hear the cackling stop. A few seconds later I hear the click-clacking of heels following me and a sharp tug on my hair makes me stop. The hand holding my hair pulls me back slowly and I close my eyes, sending a silent prayer to whoever is up there listening.
"Where do you think you're going?" Blondie smirks evilly at me and I do nothing but stare at her dark brown eyes.

They're so pretty. If only her personality wasn't as hideous at it is.

"Answer me bitch!" She grits her teeth and her hand moved up from my hair to my scalp, her grasp tightening painfully. I grimace as she shakes my head roughly. I stay silent.
"Answer me!" She speaks almost threateningly.
"I don't want to," comes out my weak response.

The tight grip on my hair is loosened until gone completely and the blonde demon laughs in my face. Her white teeth have a little smudge of the red lipstick she's wearing today on them. I want to tell her, but then I realize I don't have to. She's not nice to me and I don't like her.

Suddenly a rough hand smack on top of my head, and then pushes my head down. Suddenly, two hands push my shoulders downwards with a lot of force and I have no choice but to fall. I can't resist, even though that's all I want to do right now.
My ribs ache and I'm reminded of my current injury.

The pressure doesn't stop until I'm lying on the floor with my face right in front of Blondie's high heels.
Today, they're grey in color.

No, please don't kick my face...literally.

I hear a slight snicker from above and then...I black out when the heel collided with my face.

•••

"Hey," I hear a voice whisper gently. I can't open my eyes, but I feel myself swaying slowly and realize that I'm being carried. "Are you awake?"

Theodore?
I swear, how does he manage to save me every time I need saving?

"Guess not," he mumbles to himself and a few moments later I feel myself being hiked closer to his warm chest and his arms holding me tightly but not tight enough to hurt me.

He always makes sure to be gentle around me.

I hear the beep of a car being unlocked and then the door opens and I'm being lowered into the passenger seat.

Wait, I didn't feel him put the seatbelt on me.
And I can't remind him because I can't muster up the energy to even open my eyes.

I feel his arm brush against mine as he gets in and the door slams. Silence fills the car, leaving me to wonder what's going on, only to stop when I feel warm hands reach out for the seatbelt on my side.
The comforting click is heard and I want to sigh out in relief. But, the car still doesn't start and silence is heard again.

What is he doing?

Warm hands caress my face and a pair of lips press against my forehead gently. "Why won't you let me help you?" He speaks in broken whisper.

Sleep befalls me without my consent and I have no choice but to surrender to it.

•••

"Oh my God. What happened to her?"

"Nothing, she just got hurt at school."

"Who hurt her?"

"No one, they were playing dodgeball and she just took a ball on the face by accident."

"Well he or she's a jerk whoever hit her."

"Yeah, a total jerk."

"Yeah, hey when did the nurse say she'll wake up?"

"She didn't."

"Oh."

Warmth suddenly covers my whole body and I try to snuggle even more into it but fail and a moan of pain escapes my mouth.
"Shh," Theodore whispers and the warmth increases as I feel his hands tuck me in. "Go to sleep. You're safe now."

"Mommy!" Casper yells excitedly and two voices are heard shushing him. "What's wrong?" He whispers loudly.

"Nothing's wrong champ," Theodore whispers to him. "Your aunt Lilo just needs some rest. She's very tired."
"Why is there blue paint on her face?" He wonders out loud.
"She got in a paint fight and it's gonna take a little while to get it off," Theodore whispers back in response and I'd smile if I could.
"Oh," comes the small whisper of my innocent nephew.
"Come on," Natalie whispers after a few minutes of calm silence. "I'll make you some nuggets to eat."
"Okay!" Casper loudly exclaims and immediately the voices shush him again. "Sorry," he whispers remorsefully. "Yay!" He whispers again and I hear footsteps run out of the room.

I hear someone sigh deeply and as I'm wondering if it's Natalie or Theodore, I feel a warm hand wrap around mine and intertwine our fingers.

Theodore. Definitely. Natalie's hands aren't as soft and her hands are not so warm.

"Wake up soon love," He whispers.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
See ya in the next update!
Thanks for reading,
Teddy🐾