It's An Act

"So," Blondie sneers at me. "Fat ass got detention?" She mocks as she roughly pinches my cheek.

I try to move her hand but she slaps it away and instead grips my hair with her other hand, "don't you dare try to touch me!"

She lets me go with a rough jerk and my neck snaps back a little. I stiffen when I feel a muscle pull at the nape of my neck. She smirks at me and I hear her heels click clack as she walks away.

Good riddance.

Great. Now it's going to swell.
I think to myself as I try and ease the pull by rubbing the area gently, hoping it soothes the ache. It doesn't.

The bell rings and I see students running like headless chickens to get home, from my spot on the bench in front of a classroom that states 'DETENTION.'

The bench I'm sitting on creaks under the weight of another body and I look to the left to see a girl with blonde hair and leather tights with a cigarette in her hand. She notices my ogling at her and she glares at me, takes a long drag of cigarette, moves closer to my face and puffs it out in my face.

I sputter and cough as I wave a hand in front of my face, trying to get the disgusting smell away. She chuckles at my discomfort. And I try my best to glare at her as water streams out of my eyes from coughing too hard.

Seriously, I'm being too dramatic but I can't help it. My lungs did not like the taste of cigarette.

The classroom door opens and walks out a teacher. He keeps the door opens and waves a hand for us to get inside. I get up and walk inside as the teacher eyes me like a hawk.

Yeesh, calm down. We're not criminals and you're not a cop.

As I walk inside, I'm actually not that surprised to see all the bad asses in here. And all of them have at least one item of leather, if not the whole outfit like the girl with the bright green hair.
I avoid eye contact with everyone and plop my stuff onto a desk near the window.
As I sit on the chair and look out the window, I see a boy walk over and take a seat on a desk next to mine.
I look at him and am surprised to see that he has his eyes on me. I immediately break eye contact and find interest in the different shades of brown on the desk.

I hear a muffled snicker and then all noise stops when the teacher walks through the door.
"Alright, I tolerate no idiocy in my class."
As the teacher says this I hear someone mumble,
"But we tolerate you." And then I hear a high five.

That wasn't even funny.

I roll my eyes and start doing my chemistry homework.

A few minutes after I'm done, I look around and see most of the students sleeping or playing on their phones.
I yawn and put my head down on the desk, supporting my head with my arms.
As I'm almost about to doze off into a much needed nap, I feel a pen tap on my head. I ignore it and try to fall back asleep.
This time, the pen taps twice. I sigh and look up at the person responsible for disrupting my precious nap and see the boy sitting next to me, looking at me and smiling; holding a pen in his hand.

"What?" I whisper-shout at him even though it wouldn't matter if I didn't because the teacher in charge was currently behind the newspaper, snoring.

"Hi," the boy waves at me and I just stare at him, not amused. At all. "Can I have a pen?"

I don't say anything, just stare at the pen in his hand. He follows my gaze and I see his ears turn pink when he realizes his mistake.
"Okay, you caught me," he grins and does the jazz hands. "I was thinking of a way to start talking to you."

Why would anyone who looks like him ever want to talk to me?
This is probably some prank.

I've seen enough movies and read enough books to know that this kind of thing only happens in two scenarios.

One) the boy is in love with the girl because he sees what others fail to notice.

Two) its a prank and the boy is actually related to the queen-bee and is doing this because she told him to and because he is in love with her.

Scenario One seems a bit too far-fetched in my case, but Scenario Two fits perfect.

"I'm not falling for this," I mumble and put my head down but not before I see his grin fall into a sad face.
The kind of sad face a child would make after he drops his ice cream cone on the floor.

It's an act.
You can't trust anyone here.
It's an act.
You can't trust anyone here.
They may seem nice
They may be polite
But they'll hurt you
With words, not a knife.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Currently not feeling so good. My back aches. My tail bone mainly, and I've been laying down and just resting as much as possible. I apologize if the chapters seem a bit short.
Thanks for reading,
Teddy🐾