First Day of School

⚠️warning!⚠️ This chapter can be a little bit triggering. And it contains a little violence.
I mean some might disagree. But better safe than sorry. And I'm protecting any of you who get disturbed by this, and so I shall put this extra and annoying warning here. I'm sorry but I care for you and I want you to stay safe.

A few days later

Today is my first day of school. Joe had shown me the school a couple days ago and I decided to join. So here I am. Getting ready for the first day of school.

Now, normally I don't really care what I wear to school. As long as it's clean and smells nice.

But today, I want to actually look good.

I mean, a first impression is the last impression, right?

With that in mind, I took 15 whole minutes to fix together an outfit but I think it was worth it in the end.

"Will! Breakfast!" I heard Natalie call out from downstairs and I quickly yelled back that I'm coming.

I looked at myself in the mirror and breathe out a sigh, "you can do this."

As I came down the stairs, I see Natalie in the kitchen and Casper watching Spongebob.

I ruffled his hair and he smiled at me.

"Excited?" Natalie asks as Joe walks in, fixing his tie and briefcase in hand.

"Yeah but mostly nervous," I say and Joe looks at me in surprise.

"You? Nervous? If anything, I think the other kids are gonna be nervous when they see you." He smiles at me in reassurance.

I doubt that.

I smile at him but say nothing and just eat my french toast. Natalie makes the best french toast ever. Seriously. You have got to try it.

I shove the last piece of toast in my mouth, pick up my bag and walk out the door with Joe. He insisted on driving me to school on the first day. And I can start walking once I learn the way.

•••

"Thank you." I say to the lady behind the reception desk when she hands me my class schedule. She smiles at me in response and tells me the way toward the hallway when I ask.

After that, I begin my way to my locker as I'm scanning the timetable. My locker number is 203.

Oh there it is.

After I put some of my stuff inside, I close it and quickly run towards my first class: English.

Well this is a good start.

I knock on the door of my supposed classroom and turn the door handle to walk inside when I hear someone say, "come in."

I walk inside and immediately all eyes focus on me. I try not to look at everyone way too much because then I'll start blushing and start twisting my fingers. Nervous habit. When I enter, the teacher stops writing whatever he's writing on the board and looks at me, introducing himself. He smiles warmly at me and introduces me to the class. He asks me something and when I reply, his eyes get wide. So does his smile.

"American?" He asks me in his thick Irish accent.

"Yeah," I nod my head and smile nervously as I chew on the inside of my cheek. Another nervous habit.

"Okay then," he says and looks at the class. "Miss Anderson, please feel free to take a seat anywhere you like and then we'll begin our class."

I make my way towards the end and take a seat at the back. He smiles at me and then continues his class. I'm surprised he's a teacher. He's so young and looks like he's in college. I bet he's intelligent if he's a teacher at his age. But what I like is that he's not arrogant at all.

During the class, a few students turn their heads to look at me and I give them a small smile. Not wanting to look like an awkward pickle.

•••

The bell rings and everyone rushes to the door which could only mean one thing.

Lunch time.

I pick up my bag and books and walk out the door, waiting to see the hallways filled with murmuring students, running and bumping into one another. But instead, I see the hallways completely quiet. People are just talking quietly and walking slowly.

What is this strange place?

I make my way to my locker and put all my books inside and then make my way towards the cafeteria.

As I enter I see people sitting on their tables and eating while laughing, talking. It's all so..civilized. I love it.

After getting lunch, I look around for a place to sit and finally find a secluded one at the back. I wanted to walk up to a table and try and make conversation but then I remembered how anti-social I can be so instead I stick to my introverted methods instead of pretending to be someone I'm not, and can never be: confident.

The bullying has stopped but the feelings and insecurities are still with me. I still touch my cheeks randomly during the day and ask myself if they're growing chubbier. I can't help it.

As I'm eating quietly, with my headphones plugged in and listening to music, I feel a finger tap on my shoulder. I take out my headphones and turn around.

A blonde haired girl stands before me. She's wearing a pink skirt and white crop top with high heels. And she's smiling. Wait-she's smirking.

I go to say something when I feel a cold splash of something being poured over my head. When I open my eyes and look at her in shock, I see her holding a can of Coke in her hand which I'm guessing is now empty.

The whole cafeteria which I hadn't realized was looking at our interaction, bursts out laughing and I put my head down.

A voice speaks up, "you really thought you'd fit in? Here?" It's coming from the girl in front of me and I look at her, not saying a word. "You're pathetic. I mean, look at those fat lumpy cheeks," as she says cheeks she pinches both of my cheeks. Hard. Which probably made them red. "You're pathetic." With that, she sashays away as she flips her hair.

The whole cafeteria is laughing. I grab my stuff and run out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and watch as the tears start falling and a sob begins to build up inside.

No. Please, not again.

I splash some cold water on my face and dry it off with a tissue and start cleaning the spill from my clothes.

I can't tell Natalie about this. But then how do I explain the coke stain?

No. She cannot know. She'll freak out.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I'm not Irish so I don't really know any of the words they use. But I just Love Ireland and have always wanted to go there so I thought, why not put it in my story?

I would love it if you could teach me some words Irish folks use! Tell me in the comments.

Also, Willow's outfit for school is above. I hope you can see it and not the grey Wattpad sign...

Thanks for reading,
Teddy🐾