six

-

-

the next morning, shawn wakes up surprisingly early. he immediately reaches for his phone, and smiles at all the birthday messages he's already received, before typing away an individual reply to each person.

he gets out of bed happy, and heads straight to the shower to get his day started. somehow, he felt like it was going to be a good day; he knew it was going to be a good day.

meanwhile, anya was hunched over the toilet seat, spewing up her guts into the white bowl below her. she groaned in pain, before sitting down on the floor, and flushing the contents away, wandering about what she could've eaten to make her react so badly.

maybe it was the little alcohol she had. maybe it didn't agree with her. maybe it was that small amount and the encounter from last night that made her throw up.

shawn sighed, sliding a shirt over his head, tucking it into the waistband of his trousers. shawn looks down at the table next to him, seeing the photo of him and anya. he immediately smiles, and quickly snaps a picture on his phone of it, posting it onto instagram immediately, with the caption "ten years ago today! Haha! X".

anya ties the bottom of her white shirt around her waist, making sure that she's satisfied with her appearance. she fiddles with the neckline, pulling it out slightly so the lace of her bralette poked out of the sides, the blush tone being a comfortable contrast to her tanned skin. she slid a wide belt through the hoops of her denim shorts, and hooked her bag on her shoulder. once ready, she made sure her valuables were locked away, before heading straight out of her room to breakfast.

"hey, anya," jon yells, making the girl turn around and smile softly.

"hey, morning," she says to him, as he catches up with her, the two of them heading straight to breakfast.

"are you okay?" he asks carefully, not wanting to upset her.

"i'm fine," she nods. "luckily shawn punched him out cold before anything happened," she says, a nervous chuckle leaving her lips.

"i really do think shawn wants to make things u with you, did you see his instagram post?"

"no?"

"it was that picture when you guys were ten," he informs her. "did you give it to him for his birthday?"

"yeah," she nods. "i found it, and i thought i would give it to him, you know, ten years later."

"that's thoughtful," he adds, making anya smile slightly. "do you want to sort things out with him?"

"maybe i-" she suddenly feels another wave of nausea hit her, and as she passes a bin, she leans down and throws up into that, groaning straight after.

"woah, anya," jon says immediately, rubbing her back slightly. "are you sure you're okay?"

"i-i'm fine," she reassures him, wiping the side of her mouth with the back of her hand. "i'm fine."