eight

-

-

shawn hung up the phone with his family, after telling them the news of the pregnancy. of course they were shocked, but nevertheless happy because their son was. it definitely was unexpected for everyone, but they were happy, shawn was happy, even anya was happy.

anya meanwhile, was crying on the phone to her parents. they supported her, but deep down anya knew that her parents were disappointed. after all, she wasn't even in a relationship with shawn, and her parents didn't particularly favour shawn after he stopped talking to their daughter completely.

"i'm sorry! i didn't mean for this to happen," she weeps, clutching the phone to her ear. "i-i thought that everything would be okay! i thought that-"

"anya, we aren't angry with you," her dad reassures her. "it's a shock, yeah, but we support you. if you're happy, we will be."

"i-i am happy," she sniffles. "i just- things with shawn only just started getting better because of this child. i don't know, he seems like he wants the best."

"well, didn't you say he was talking to karen and manny?" her mother asks her gently.

"yeah he is, i think," anya says, looking at her hotel room door. "why?"

"then why don't we all have a dinner when you guys get back? it might be easier for all of us to talk together about things, you know, really make sure shawn and you are okay," her mom suggests.

"that sounds nice," anya agrees, nodding. "let's do that then, anyway i have to go. i'll see you soon, okay? i love you guys."

"we love you more, sweetheart. have a good time," they quickly say goodbye, and hang up, leaving anya to finish getting ready, and leave her room to meet the rest of the crew downstairs in the lobby, so they can all leave to go to the festival.

"hey," shawn says softly to her, as she stands next to him, her arms folded. "everything okay with your family?"

"yeah, they're supporting us," she nods. "what about you?" she questions, as shawn sighs, a small smile appearing on his face.

"they're happy," he says. "really happy, actually. they can't wait to be grandparents." anya grins, feeling happiness overcome her.

"i haven't seen your parents for ages," she comments. "my mom was saying for us all to have a dinner when we get back."

"that sounds good," shawn nods, smiling and shoving his hands into his pockets. "so um, andrew was telling me that he has a friend in the uk who's a gynaecologist, so you can maybe go see her when we're there and get a scan? you know, see if everything's okay?"