thirty-nine

-[anya]-

-
[anya]
-

"you excited?" connor asks me, as brian hands me a bottle of cold water.

"uh huh," i nod, my cheeks flushing gently. "we haven't been on an actual date for a while, i'm so excited."

"is avery with shawn?" brian asks me, sitting down on the couch beside me. i nod in response, smiling gently to myself.

"yeah, but andrews gonna take her later. he heard about us going for dinner and actually being romantic again, so he decided to step in as uncle gerty and take her for the night so shawn and i can be alone," i explain, a small laugh leaving my lips.

"yeah, because you definitely didn't have enough alone time last night," brian teases, making my cheeks flame red.

"what the fuck how-"

"you two aren't exactly quiet, anya," connor chuckles, as my cheeks flush even more than they already were. "especially shawn. anyway."

"oh my god," i mutter in embarrassment, as connor and brian both laugh at me, myself rolling my eyes in response. "right, enough of that, what the fuck do i wear tonight?"

"shawn would love you even if you turned up in a potato sack, just being honest," brian says to me. "actually i swear he's seen you in a potato sack."

"close, but it was a hospital gown," i say back sarcastically, standing up from the couch and opening up my suitcase, sighing loudly as i take out two baby bottles instead of clothes. "swear to god, these things are everywhere. shawn found one in the pocket of his sweatpants the other day."

"well, you are parents," connor points out like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"no shit," i reply back, taking out a pair of black jeans, along with a baby blue wrap blouse. "how's this?"

"i love how you're asking us instead of alessia and liv," brian tells me, going into my suitcase and pulling out a pair of beige wedges. "you'll be great with these."

"thanks boys," i grin, taking the wedges and rushing to the bathroom to quickly get dressed.  i take my hoodie off, gasping at the small red marks dotted over my chest and neck, standing out from my skin, and making my cheeks flame even more than they already were.

i pull on the blouse and jeans, quickly doing up my shoes, before looking in the mirror at my appearance. i let out a small huff, frowning slightly at the little amount of baby weight left; even though i've lost the majority of it, there was still a small amount that wouldn't budge.