twenty

-[anya]-

-
[anya]
-

"right, lets get today started," i say softly, tracing my bump with my fingers, as i rise from the bed, heading straight into the bathroom. u start running the tap, before my phone begins to ring from the bedroom. i groan, walking out of the bathroom, and grabbing my phone, and seeing shawns name flash across my screen for a facetime call.

i grin immediately, quickly swiping my finger across the screen, answering his call, whilst i walk back to the bathroom, waiting for the call to connect.

"hey hunny," shawn beams, as i put my phone down, leaning it against the mirror. "did you just wake up?"

"hey, yeah sorta," i answer back, a chuckle leaving my lips. "i need to wake up, appointments in about two hours."

"does that mean you can stay on facetime with me for three hours?" he asks, a small smirk over his lips.

"hmm, we'll see," i shoot back. "what's happening today?"

"brits later in the evening. don't have to get ready for another four hours or so? had some free time, so i'm calling you," he chuckles. "how's ave doing?"

"she's been pretty calm today, only a little bit of movement. i think she knows you're not here, because she always moves loads when you're in the same room," i answer, splashing my face with some water.

"let me talk to her, turn the volume up," he says, as i nod, wiping my hands quickly, and turning the volume up on my phone. "hey baba, i miss you," he babbles in a baby voice, making me completely melt. "you're gonna look after mommy while i'm away, aren't you pumpkin?" immediately, i feel avery kick at me, quite hard, making me almost fall over in shock. "woah, ave, calm down," shawn chuckles, as i steady myself, a small smile on my lips, as i rub my hand over my bump. "i went shopping yesterday, got some baby clothes for you sweetheart," he says, moving on his bed, so he's sitting up. "i miss you and mommy so much, but don't worry, i'll see you both so soon."

"how's everyone there? how's the crew doing?" i ask, grabbing my toothbrush, putting a little bit of toothpaste over the bristles.

"they're all good, everyone's really excited to get back on tour," shawn answers, a wide smile on his face. "we all miss you though, tours not the same without you." my heart swells, whilst i spit out my toothpaste, finishing up with my morning hygiene.

"i miss everyone so much, i haven't seen them since like, the last festival, and that was legit last year," i sigh, picking up my phone, and walking to the kitchen.

"i know, god, it seems like such a long time ago now," he says, looking reflective. "times gone by so quickly in the last six months."

"six months today," i grin, placing a hand on my bump, whilst resting my phone on the kitchen counter.

"4d scan huh?" shawn asks, a slightly saddened tone in his voice.

"i wish you were here," i mumble. "i didn't realise how hard it would be without you, you know? you're always so hopeful, and i'm here just looking and feeling like a slug."