thirteen

-

-

"fuck," shawn mumbles, running his fingers through his hair, as soon as the door to his condo slams shut, anya leaving, deeply upset and shocked. shawn groans, turning to georgia with his arms folded. "get out."

"i don't get how this was my fault, you slept with me, remember?" she answers back, suddenly more awake.

"well you showed up here in the first place," shawn mutters. "just leave, i need some time to process what just happened, oh and don't call me ever again. find yourself another late night call." georgia scoffs, picking up her things, before walking to the door of the condo.

"oh, shawn?" she calls, turning her head round. "i hope anya never forgives you."

"oh fuck off georgia," shawn groans, as she leaves the apartment, slamming the door behind her. "fuck," he mutters, walking around his condo, pacing around in a panic.

his eyes flicker to the framed photograph of the pregnancy reveal post he put up in instagram, and his heart swells. how could he sleep with someone else when he knows that he's falling for the woman who's having his child?

shawn was falling, and it was the utter truth. anya made him crazy, but her not talking to him, especially after an occurrence that they both needed each other for, broke his heart. it made him think that she didn't even care about how he felt. he lost his baby too. he lost a child he was going to sing to, to read to, to tuck them in bed with a little kiss on their forehead, to comfort them when they're crying their hearts out, to utter the words 'i love you' to his own child.

it hurt him as much as it hurt anya.

so shawn cried. he cried and cried and cried. he cried for screwing things up with anya, he cried for the baby he lost, he cried for not being there for anya, he cried at the fact he was alone. his eyes were red, and his lips were chapped, but he stayed where he was, slowly sinking down against the wall, letting the sobs pass his lips.

he wanted nothing more than to hold anya and their surviving baby, their little fighter, their hope in the darkest times. he craved her sweet, loving touch, he ached for her homely embrace.

anya sighed softly to herself, tracing her bump with her fingertips, feeling close to shawn from the simple touch of their baby. was she upset at what happened? of course she was. was she guilty that she never spoke to shawn over the last two months? of course she was. did she know that deep down shawn wanted her to be with him? of course she did. he was hurting too, not just her.

they weren't even together, so why was anya acting like she was heartbroken? shawn has the right to be with other people, especially when he isn't completely tied down by anya. anya knew he didn't belong to her, but deep down she wanted him to.

she wanted him. she ached desperately for him. each tender touch he gave her made her heart leap and swell. she loved his soft touch, his warm embrace, his laugh, his smile, she wanted nothing more than to dwell in his happiness.