nine

-[late august - back in the uk for sundown and fusion, and the armani event]

-
[late august - back in the uk for sundown and fusion, and the armani event]

"miss steinburg?" the doctor warmly welcomes to the waiting room, which only had three other expecting mothers, all excited for their appointment. deep down, anya was excited too. anya stood up, shawn quickly following, and putting down the pregnancy book he was reading. "hi there, come on, my room is just this way," the red headed doctor guides them to a clinical scented room, a single bed in the room, along with an ultrasound machine, and a desk for the doctor to sit at.

"hello, my name is doctor williams, and i take it you're expecting?" she asks anya, who takes a seat at the bed. anya nods, and opens her mouth to query about the urine sample the surgery took as soon as she got there, but the doctor continues. "well, your at home test was indeed correct, so congratulations!"

"thank you," anya grins, shawn mirroring her smile. "i'm anya, and this is shawn, the baby daddy."

"shawn mendes, pleasure to meet you," shawn says, shaking the doctors hand.

"well aren't you two a lovely couple!" the doctor grins. "andrew didn't tell me you two were dating though."

"oh, we aren't," anya quickly gets out, making shawns heart clench. "yeah, uh, we're friends but after a few drinks this happened, so," she laughs awkwardly, shawn joining in.

"oh," the doctor says. "anyway, should we take a little look at the baby?" anya and shawn both nod their heads eagerly, and the doctor instructs anya to lie down, shawn standing next to her bedside. anya lifts up her shirt, revealing her very much still flat stomach, and the doctor preps the area, placing a sheet over her lower half, and upper half, just so her skin of her abdomen is shown.

"so this gel might be a little cold," the doctor says, before squirting out the clear jelly, making anya squirm slightly. shawn chuckles, as anya quickly reaches for his hand, catching him off guard completely.

"that is quite cold," anya chuckles nervously, squeezing shawns hand. "so like, what will we be able to see?"

"well, you're only a mere month along, so you'll vaguely see a blob with blobs sticking out of that blob," she explains, sliding the wand across anya's abdomen. "but, we'll be able to see a rough image of the baby."

"the heartbeat won't be able to be heard till the sixth week, right?" shawn asks curiously, the entire process interesting him more than he can imagine.

"correct," the doctor answers. "you know your stuff, mr mendes. maybe you should do my job."

"actually, i really don't, i just read about it," he says, holding up his book. anya and the doctor both laugh, anya rolling her eyes whilst doing so.

"well, do you want to try?" the doctor asks, offering the wand to shawn. shawn looks at the doctor, and then at anya, who's grinning widely, nodding her head at shawn.

"i would love to," shawn answers, taking the wand and following the doctors instructions. "so this is literally how you can see if they're a boy or girl?"

"well yes, when it's past the fourth month," the doctor answers, as shawn continues to slide the wand around anya's abdomen, creating a blurry image. anya gasps, looking at the screen, and seeing what's happening in her womb.

"oh my," anya whispers, tears stinging her eyes. "there's a baby in me."

"oh wow," shawn gasps, his eyes wide at the screen. "woah," he whispers, in utter shock.

"so, this blob will be its head," the doctor points out at the screen. "and this is its main body, with the other blobs being its limbs."

"oh my goodness," anya whispers, letting a tear roll down her cheek. "shawn," she says gently, looking up at the man beside her. "our little baby."

"this is crazy," shawn chuckles nervously, handing the wand back to the doctor. "oh, anya," shawn grins, looking down at her, and squeezing her hand gently. "thank you."

"would you guys like some pictures?" the doctor offers. anya and shawn both look up from their moment, nodding their heads wildly.

"can we get five?" anya asks, looking up at shawn, who nods in agreement, knowing exactly who they are for.

"of course," the doctor says, printing out five individual photos. they finish up the ultrasound, and sit up again, talking briefly about the rest of the pregnancy, and anya giving the details of her current gynaecologist in toronto, who will be observing her pregnancy.

"make sure you take your vitamins, relax, and look after yourself," the doctor advises. "congratulations again, miss steinburg and mr mendes."

"thank you," shawn and anya both grin, walking out of the clinic, smiles adorning their faces. shawn and anya both step out of the building, facing each other, both feeling the exact same way.

"oh my-"

"god," shawn cuts her off, bringing anya into a large embrace, twirling her around. she squeals loudly, giggling and clutching onto shawn. "there's a little baby in there," he says, putting anya down and crouching down next to her stomach. "oh my god."

"shawn," anya says warmly, as he stands up again, looking down at her. "we're really doing this."

"yeah," he whispers, looking down at her lips quickly, but then connecting their eyes again. anya's smile slowly shrinks into a small part, as she follows shawns actions, her eyes flickering to his lips. her breaths get shallow, and she quickly leans up, hooking her arms around shawns neck, and pressing her lips to his.

he responds quickly, holding her waist in his hands, trailing his fingers up and down her back, kissing her back with added force, bringing one hand up to her cheek, cupping the smooth skin in his palm, kissing her passionately.

"shawn," she whispers, pulling away to take a breath. "i-"

"don't you dare apologise," he says back to her, a small smile over his puffy lips. "come on, let's get out of here," they join hands, heading back to their rented taxi, getting in, and telling the driver to go back to the hotel.

shawns hand doesn't leave anya's for the entire journey.
-
don't worry guys it won't be all smiles and happiness for the entire book lol