Chapter 8

(3rd Person)

In a secluded location that not even Sirzechs himself would be able to find without help, two familiar supernatural beings were fighting... or was it sparring? Well, it was sparring in general but the intensity the fight was going made it seem like a fight to the death. The fallen angel governer Azazel smirked while having a few scratches on him, jumping away from a crater (Y/N) created with his fist as his single devil wing made out of evil energy flared out his back, he looked up to reveal a trail of blood going down his head.

Azazel: You're definitely getting better, your anger's passive instead of all over the place like last time, keep that up and you'll be sure to get two wings out like you did with Riser.

(Y/N) didn't respond, instead he leapt forward with momentum in his favour, aiming a punch directly for Azazel's chest. Azazel quickly stepped aside and went to punch (Y/N), only for the evil energy wing to suddenly morph into a hand and catch his attack. (Y/N)'s foot skidded on the floor, causing him to stop before twisting his foot which would cause him to face Azazel, he let out a yell and planted a fist in Azazel's gut who gasped in surprise at being caught off guard. (Y/N) followed it up by clamping both hands together, and slamming them into Azazel's neck before smacking him in the face and sending Azazel flying.

The fallen angel forced two of his wings to appear to slow down his flight, coming to a stop only to see (Y/N) running at him quicker than he's even used to, without any idea what happened next, Azazel felt his feet leave the ground and then a knee go right into his face as he faced the floor. Azazel attempted to elbow (Y/N) in the back of the neck but the evil energy wing protected him once again causing (Y/N) to copy Azazel's move of slamming his elbow into his opponent's neck.

(Y/N): You've gotta be much more serious than that! Come on!

Azazel: Oh ho! Getting confident? Not for long!

And just like, Azazel disappeared leaving a confused (Y/N), before he could sense coming from behind, it was too fast to dodge, luckily his evil energy wing came to the rescue again, blocking Azazel's injury inducing attack. (Y/N) saw the opportunity and went to attack, only for Azazel to disappear again, this time the attack wasn't slow enough for the wing to block it and (Y/N) was sent flying, although as soon as he was about to connect with the floor the evil energy wing expanded to cover his entire body and shield him from the impact.

Azazel: Before, when you used raw anger to empower yourself, you were stronger yes, but it was like a bolt of lightning: powerful at first, but disappears as quickly as it had appeared. Now that you're controlling your anger, you're landing way more hits on me than you should... oh and just so you know I've been going about five times as serious as I was when you first fought me.

(Y/N): In other words: I've improved.

Azazel: Right, but kid, there's a limit to how much I can teach you before you go off the deep end, power's great and all, but it's also risky since it can easily affect your mind.

(Y/N): And?

Azazel: What do you mean and? This isn't a laughing matter kid, I don't wanna see the only person I've trained turn into some psychotic murderous criminal against all of the supernatural world!

(Y/N): The only kind that'll see as an enemy would be the devils, once I kill them all.

Azazel: And that's another thing, what was it you told me a while ago? Vengeance only brings further vengeance?

(Y/N): Yeah, but as long as I get my own vengeance before vengeance is delivered on me, I don't care.

This caused (Y/N)'s teacher to only sigh and assume a different combat stance, all the while a third wing appeared behind him showing Azazel was only increasing his power. In response, (Y/N) frowned while gritting his teeth causing a small spark to appear on his other shoulder blade, (Y/N) grunted in effort but had to quickly dodge since Azazel came at him with a light spear in hand.