The Beginning

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021*

"Kicked out of school, that's just great." Your mother yelled across from you, running a hand through her hair as she sighed. "I don't understand this sudden act of rebellion from you. First, you skip classes, then you don't show up and getting into fights? What's going on Y/N?" Her voice was soft, yet demanding.

You sat silently as you had been since leaving the principal's office, arms crossed as you sat at the kitchen table. Refusing to meet her eyes, biting your bottom lip nervously just wanting this conversation to be over with. You had no explanation for her, well, you did but you just didn't want to tell her or anyone. You glanced up, eyes following your mothers' figure as she paces back and forth in front of you.

The front door opens to the small apartment and closes, heavy boots being kicked off in the entrance hall. Your eyes lock with your mothers, you silently shake your head but she sighs gently- pityingly. You can smell him before he even walks into the kitchen; alcohol and cigarettes, honestly, he wears it as a cologne at this point. Your mother's boyfriend, Oliver, hates you. You're unsure if the hatred slowly blossomed or if he had always hated you, but he really hates you. He eyes you for a split second before greeting your mother with a sloppy kiss, already talking about the day he's had at "finding jobs", you almost chuckled at the lie but thought better of it.

"Y/N got kicked out of school today," Your mother informs him, his eyes snap to her and then to you. She shoots a glare back, betrayal is all you feel. "Got into another fight, only this time the other boy is in the hospital." You huffed, looking down to the floor, already knowing you're going to get yelled at by him too.

Oliver sighs loudly, eyeing you up. "What is it with you and giving your mother a hard time? Don't you think she has enough stress, what with your younger brothers -"

"And you go out drinking every day and coming back lying about it? Yeah, I think she's under a lot of stress. Also, they are half-brothers, if I'm correct no child here has the same dad." You talk before you even know you're talking, already regretting it because of the glares you receive from both of them.

"That's the last straw, you've given me no choice." You rolled your eyes, raising an eyebrow in question to her. "I'm sending you to live with your father, he's already agreed and a car is picking you up tomorrow." Tears welling in her eyes, your own widen and you see Oliver smirk out of the corner of your eye. "No school in this area will have you, they know of your reputation, Y/N Stark, he's bad news."

You open and close your mouth, heart thumping loudly in your chest as you look at her. The gut-wrenching feeling is in the pit of your stomach, you can hardly breathe. "No, ma' I swear, I'll... be better, don't send me to live with him." You hadn't spoken to Tony in years. 

"You gave me no choice, I can't keep up with you and Anthony agreed straight away to take you off of my hands. You'll be better off with him away from... whatever all this is," she gestures around you. "The people you hang around with aren't your friends, they're bad influences and if sending you away is what it takes then I'm doing it." You slumped back against the chair, all thought and speech having left you.

Out of all the punishments to get this is the worst one, having to leave and live with your biological dad, especially now with his life how it is... it was going to be the worst.

"Hey, Happy, long time." You called walking out of the apartment complex for the last time and smiling at the man you hadn't seen since you were a kid. You used to spend summers with Tony, admittedly he wasn't around much during them but it was cool when you were five. He opened the door for you, "Still driving Tony around, huh?"

Happy rolled his eyes as you got in. "Still got that stupid skateboard. I'm actually Asset Management now, a big step up from just driving your dad around." He tells you as he gets into the driver's seat, driving towards your new home- for however long Tony would allow, heck maybe he'll give up on you as everyone else has. "So, getting into fights? Remember the moves I used to show you in the boxing ring during the summer?" Happy looked at you in the rearview mirror.