The House Party

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021*

"You haven't even passed your driving test, why would you take one of the fastest cars I own?"

You sighed, already done with the conversation. You knew he'd be pissed at you, it was a risk worth taking because you enjoyed yourself. It's not like you're a bad driver, to begin with, you just made a lot of mistakes during your driving test; one too many fail and therefore he failed you.

"I just wanted to have some fun, okay?" you shot back, "I'm sorry," Tony snaps his mouth shut due to how sincere and guilty you sounded.

Tony nods slowly, "Okay, well, till you've passed your test just have someone drive you," you nod once, "I know it sucks having to be chaperoned but it won't be forever, you'll be allowed on the road in no time."

You sighed heavily and nodded in agreement, "I really am sorry Tony," he shrugs it off, remembering how rebellious he was as a teen, "so-umm- I need some advice?"

A little sparkle shines in Tony's eyes to be asked for advice from his own son... it's these moments he's been waiting for with you. You try to hide the smile as he tries to hide the excitement inside of him. He sits down beside you, turning his body to face you and give you his full attention.

"So," you begin with a heavy sigh, "I'm not used to being so open about feelings or emotions and I don't know how to express myself to the guy I like."

You give a wary glance towards Tony, knowing this is the first time since your coming out that you've talked about your sexuality with him. Even asking for advice so openly, it's a real bonding moment for you both.

Tony nods slowly, "Well, good thing you came to me. I'm not entirely good with... feelings... it's why a lot of my relationships and friendships have failed." You remain silent and nod along. "I show my appreciation through gifts and grand gestures, doesn't always work but no one can say no to a sweet gift."

You briefly wonder if Tony missed the Avengers. If being away from them, from his small team, actually affected him at all. He hasn't brought it up with you, about what happened but it can't have been good. You also wondered what they were all doing, where Captain America was, what Natasha was up to and where the Hell Bruce went.

He had a point. Presents and gift-giving can be so special and intimate and special, you didn't know why you hadn't thought of it before. Now it's just thinking of what to get Peter, what he'd like and want as a present. If anything the confusion hadn't left you at all, it just formed into a new type of confusion and stress.

"Who is the lucky guy?" Tony tilted his head, a small smile pulling at his lips.

You debate on telling him. Telling him that it's Peter, that you've fallen hard for the young intern but you can't... You can't jeopardize what you currently have with Peter, he doesn't want anyone to know and you respect that, but also this is your dad.

You shake your head, "Oh no! No way, not telling you," you let slip a chuckle as Tony huffs in annoyance, "I'll tell you if anything comes of it."

Tony smirks, "Deal."

A part of you wanted to just gush and tell him everything. Tell him how you've kissed Peter, how Peter makes you feel. You would have never thought you'd be this close to him, to your dad, in all your life he's always been unreachable. This figure in your life that you didn't think would ever understand or want you, yet he's here during the most trying times.

You smile as he stands up and goes back to his lab, leaving you with your thoughts on what to get Peter.

*One Week Later*