Secrets Out Pt.1

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021* *I've taken out the part where what's written on the lockers, I had written this chapter when I first came out...the slurs never really affected me and honestly one of them is used in the UK for cigarettes. However, for a while, this has unsettled me, so yeah! Forgive me if I've triggered anyone with that, I know I triggered myself with it, no one has said anything about this part of the chapter... but I feel like it's a part of this chapter we all actively chose to ignore.
I've rewritten this entire chapter because... I dislike I went down the homophobic route, this fic wasn't meant to be a reality thing, it's meant to help US escape from reality. SO, I'm taking out the homophobia part and adding in the reader just gets overwhelmed by the fact his secret is out*

You spent most of the evening listening to Peter and Ned talk about Star Wars... for hours. They told plot holes, theories and just random facts about their beloved Star Wars. It was actually really interesting, kind of cute how devoted they are to the franchise. It felt like you are... friends, despite not wanting to make friends, they kind of treated like one.

"You look... happy," Tony commented as he grabbed the orange juice from the fridge, looking at you as you quickly ate your cereal in mostly silence. "It's a nice change, by the way."

A chuckle escaped from you, "Well, thanks, I think. Peter invited me to a Star Wars marathon last night," you shrugged as Tony raised his eyebrows. "He's a massive nerd, no wonder he hangs around with you a lot."

Tony rolls his eyes, placing the juice back and walking around the breakfast bar to you, "Just nice that you're making friends and smiling, have a good day, 'Kay?" You nod, raising an eyebrow as he pats your shoulder and leaves scrolling through his phone.

You place the bowl in the sink, grab your bag and quickly run out to the car. You always leave right at the last minute, but you always make it to school at the right time because the driver is the best there is. You hear your name being called, you frowned as the car pulled out to see your dad running out, phone in his hand.

"I can't hear you, I'm going to be late!" You yell back at him, only for him to yell again but the car's engine blocking the sound.

All through the drive to school, you tried to figure out what Tony was yelling; he looked shocked and anxious about something. You tried to shake the weird feeling off as the driver pulled up, you slowly got out and swung your bag over your shoulder. Frowning to yourself as you walked into school, too in your own mind to see that everyone's eyes were on you- more so than usual.

"Y/N!" You look up to see Mj stalking towards you, glaring at people in her way. You frowned at her tone of voice, it sounded like Tony's. "I didn't think you'd actually come in today," she mutters as she reaches you. It's only then that you realise how silent the school corridor is, everyone's eyes on you and all muttering to their friends.

You step around Mj and continue walking, watching as people's eyes follow your tall frame. A group of people crowded around a single mobile phone then looking up at you, you hadn't gotten a new phone yet, so whatever had been sent around never made it to you. 

"There's an account on Twitter, they posted that you're... gay, even put up a photo," Mj raised her phone and showed you, your eyes drifted down to the screen.

Right there, on display, is a photo of you kissing a guy. You knew who it was but they blocked the other face, it was clear that it was you too. You knew who had posted that also. Your heart dropped in the pit of your stomach, the dread of this coming out, of you being out, and you felt sick over it.

Turning around, faced with a lot of people looking at you. Not in a disgusting way but pitying. Without even thinking you turned to the exit, leaving your bag and Mj, your name being called which only made you start running without thinking of where you're going.