Silent Treatment Never Works

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021*

Tony had finally got you a new phone, although you refused to go on the internet, it felt good to be able to text people. Instantly you got Mj's, Ned's and Peter's number, adding them all to a group chat. Talking almost every day in that one chat, Mj was a fond gif user and mostly replied in gifs. Ned LOVES emojis, every text had a couple but it was sweet.

Peter seemed more confident over text, staying stuff he wouldn't say in person, it didn't surprise you. He's naturally shy and reserved, it still shone through in certain texts but he had a layer of confidence over text. A brashness that you had only seen when you were at his apartment unannounced. He texts you stuff that he thought you'd like, like a meme or a photo he found, only to you not in the group chat. He text you when it was late and he was up; finishing homework you expected.

It was like there was no boundary to your friendship with Peter over text, you both could say whatever and it is okay. Yet, in person, there was this line that Peter didn't cross and you wondered why he was holding back. Why he was different around you in person, it bugged and confused you.

A part of you thought that he liked you, maybe he was different in person because he didn't know how to act on his feelings. Seemed too far-fetched, even if Peter is bisexual he wouldn't like you... would he? No, he wouldn't. You're just setting yourself up for major disappointment and heartbreak. Besides, did you really want to get involved with your dads' intern? No way, things could easily get messy and you had only just gotten Peter as a friend.

Best to just repress feelings. Bury those away in a box and forget them.

That's exactly what you did, well sort of. You actually ended up ignoring Peter again, rather simple since Peter seemed distracted with other things anyway. He was always looking at the time in lessons, sneaking off after school rather than walk or get lift home. You knew it wasn't for his internship, in fact, he hadn't even been at the base or with Tony, so his absence only made it easier for you to forget about your feelings.

Till the early hours of the morning when he'd text you. Asking if you're okay, what you're doing up so late, which only sparked the response of 'i could ask you the same thing'. Every day the same routine between you both; you ignore him, he doesn't even realise he's being ignored, him acting suspicious and leaving, then randomly texting you at one in the morning and you replying till the sun came up.

It's been going on for days, you're tired but you just couldn't help yourself. Peter had a way of pulling you back in even when you didn't want to, yet he couldn't seem to notice the effect he has on you or maybe he does, that's why he does it.

"Hey, Y/N," A voice startles you at your locker, glancing up and meeting eyes with a tall, blue-eyed boy. You frown because you know him but can't place his name, "It's Zander Carlson? We have Calculus together, you sit in front of me actually."

You let out a sigh of a chuckle, nodding, "Yeah, sorry. I've been... not noticing others around me," you shove the books you needed quickly in your bag and extend a hand, he grins as he shakes your hand, "anything I can do for you?" You raised an eyebrow.

Realisation flashes across Zander' face and he quickly pulls his hand away, nervous chuckle bubbling out of him, "Right-Um, no. Well, I guess, I just wanted to formally introduce myself to you. I know you had an unpleasant beginning and with the whole media thing, I don't know, I should've really thought out what I was going to say," he chuckled to himself and drifted off.

"Nah, it's fine," You shut your locker and see Mj, Ned, and Peter all watching you from Mj's locker. "It was great meeting you, you don't need to plan a speech." Attempting to walk around him but he quickly grabs your attention again.