It's Fair Time

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021*

"So, how was the kiss?" Mj asked, a slight smirk toying at the corners of her mouth.

You slammed your locker shut, rolling your eyes in slight annoyance. A part of you wished you never told her about what happened over the weekend, but she is your best friend and it felt only right to tell her what had gone down. How Peter had smoothly kissed you, wrapped an arm around your shoulders and acted as though he was the confident one in the 'relationship'. He then had to leave and had kissed you goodbye, it felt natural and... nice.

Part of you was slightly mad that neither of you had made the move to kiss sooner. It felt only natural to kiss each other now when he showed up again Sunday it just felt right to kiss him instead of the usual greeting- making sure that Tony or Pepper didn't see either of you.

"It was a kiss," you try to sound neutral, only Mj raises an eyebrow. "It was a great kiss, okay? I'm not gonna go into details," she sighed heavily but nodded. You walked side-by-side each through the corridors, "It was... really great, I've not had many kisses but it was... lovely."

Mj only smiled and nudged you lightly, "You two are sickening, I hate it." You laughed loudly, taking her bag and slinging it over your own shoulder, "anyway, so the carnival is in town are you gonna attend? The whole school is gonna be there," Mj rolls her eyes towards the end of the sentence.

You chuckled and shrugged, "Yeah, I'll come along. Be a laugh, Peter will definitely come because he-"

"Follows you everywhere?" Mj raised an eyebrow and you let out a laugh but nodded.

You attended your class, jotting down notes and actually working. Yourself and Mj talking quietly about your weekend, everything to do with your mother and her offering to take you home, to the kiss with Peter and keeping it from your dad.

"You losers going to the carnival?" Mj asked, taking her bag from your shoulder and pulling out her lunch.

You sat down opposite her, smiling when she pulled out a book and her lunch, not even looking at the boys for when they answer her question. You sit down next to Peter, eyes glancing to Ned who is playing a game on his phone.

"I am," Ned pauses his game, "I have to take my little sister," you raised an eyebrow in Ned's direction. "Yeah, Mia, she's...-"

"Evil," Peter mutters as he bites into a sandwich and causes you to laugh. "She is, she hates me and is always bullying me."

Mj scoffed, "She's also eight."

You laughed loudly causing a few other students to glance your way, Ned also joining in on your laughter. Peter only huffs, rolling his eyes and pouting softly as you nudge him. You lean into his side, he ends up joining in on the laughter before shaking his head lightly.

"I think I'm going to pass on the carnival," you bite your lip to keep from frowning and showing your disappointment, "I've got the Stark internship to do and I'm behind on homework."

You knew what he would be doing; stopping crime as Spider-Boy. You had been good at forgetting his secret identity, allowing yourself to believe that Peter is normal and like you. You also didn't want to bring up these worries to him, in fear of being called clingy or overprotective, possibly scaring him off or angering him. After Tony's reaction to you questioning him as Iron Man, you decided to just let this mellow.

"Can't you skip it?" Mj asked, "I mean, you're Y/N's boyfriend, I'm sure his dad won't mind."

You snap your head to Mj, eyes glaring at her but she doesn't seem to care. You and Peter aren't boyfriends, at least, not yet. You glance at Peter, who doesn't seem bothered and muttering about how he doesn't really care for the carnival and would rather be focusing on his internship. Your bottom lip sticks out in a slight pout, although Peter doesn't notice and is too invested in his lunch.