Save The Nerds

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021*

You walked out of your bedroom and towards the kitchen, you had successfully avoided any social interaction with any Avenger since living at the base. How? You made sure to ask FRIDAY where was everyone and gave you alternate routes to places. You typed quickly on your phone as you entered the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge to grab a light bite to eat before bed.

You glance up and are met with a dude in a red suit, looking through the cupboards, it takes you a second to know that it's Spider-Man. Tony talked about the new addition non-stop, it was very annoying but also, you didn't really care much for his superhero life. You sighed gently, choosing to just ignore the dude and get your food as quickly as possible. You didn't think Spider-Man lived here, you hadn't seen him before now but then again you hadn't exactly left your room to find out who did live here.

"Oh! Hey, sorry I didn't think anyone else was up." His voice sounded familiar but you shrugged it off. You didn't reply or even turn to look at him. "Uh-I'm-"

You rolled your eyes. "I know who you are, no need for introductions I'm sure." You snap grabbing the Doritos and turning back around, raising an eyebrow at the fidgeting Spider-Man who seemed to be debating on what to say. "Well, it's been nice meeting you Spider-Boy."

"It's Spider-Man," he crosses his arms and the eyes of the mask seem to be narrowing in your direction, you raise an eyebrow but shrug at him.

"You're how old?" You ask and he doesn't reply. "That's what I thought, Spider-Boy. See ya around, I'm sure." You walk off back towards your room not even glancing back at the "superhero".

*NEXT DAY*

You decided to stick to yourself through most of the school day, you had to make it through one more day and then you'd be hanging with your band. You weren't really used to this type of school; mostly well mannered young people and all of them nerd-brains. You quickly understood why Tony wanted you to go here, it's the type of place Howard would've sent him when he was your age. The only people that didn't treat you like a freak was Mj, Peter and his friend, Ned.

The first few days went by slowly, you mostly kept to yourself and kept your head down. You had already attracted so much attention, the media had found out that Tony was, finally, looking after his only son. Your face plastered on various blogger articles and magazines, is what you hated most about being a Stark; the attention from the media wasn't good for your general anxiety.

"Nice nerd jumper," A deep voice and a few chuckles capture your attention as you open your locker, you glance to your left and see a few seniors crowding around someone, looked like the nerd school had nerd bullies. "Since you love extra credit work, Parker, how about you do my homework?" Your hand clenched at your side and your jaw locks. "I wasn't really asking, you're gonna do my homework otherwise-" You slammed your locker closed, earning the attention of most people.

You turn your head, raising an eyebrow in challenge. "Oh, did I interrupt?" You asked loudly, the three Seniors all squared their shoulders and nudged the obvious leader. He wasn't as tall as you, not many people are, but he was certainly bulkier and carried more muscle than you.

"I'd stay out of this, rich boy. Wouldn't want you going home crying to the butler," he snickered with his friends and you laughed along with them, sarcastically, of course. "And we don't have a problem, right Peter?" He looked at Peter, who was standing in confusion and, what you assume is fear.

"You see, funnily enough, I don't have a butler. But I will kick your ass if you threaten Peter again, okay?" You smiled brightly, gesturing for Peter to walk over to you, he did with a frown glancing at you and the seniors. "I really, really, wouldn't get on my bad side and not because I'm a Stark but because anyone that thinks it's okay to push people around, well, they don't exactly have a great time. No one likes the hospital, do they?" You grab Peter's shoulder and shove him to walk down the corridor.

"The worst damage you can do is get your father on us, but he doesn't care about you enough to bother. I mean, he paid for you to get in here, that's about it." You stopped walking, Peter looked over his shoulder and shook his head once but the rage burning inside of you was scorching and you turned around to see him and his friends laughing. "Your life is sadder than Parker's, his parents are dead, so they can't even try but yours is still alive." And that tipped you over the edge.

You stalked the few steps to him and punched him. Hard. Harder than you intended to but you didn't care, you hissed pulling your fist after connecting it with his nose. The contact hurt but was worth it as he stumbled to the floor, nosebleeding down his hoodie and his friends all crowding him as onlookers watched in shock. You turned back to Peter, stalking down the corridor towards the school exit with Parker trying to keep up with your strides.

Once you've both left the building you slow your pace, walking the busy Queens streets and taking in the chaos around you. A part of you felt guilty, you shouldn't have punched him and it was only going to get you in trouble at school and with Tony- you shake that thought quickly away; you wanted that, you wanted to get in trouble, enough that Tony sent you back home.

"Why did you do it?" You were startled from your mind by Peter, you didn't think he was still beside you by how quiet it was. You glanced slightly down at him, he was only a few inches shorter. "Why did you bother getting involved?" He was frowning, hands in his jean pockets as he looked at you.

You go back to looking straight ahead, shrugging with one shoulder. "No one should be bullied, no one should be made to feel so small and insignificant like that. Pushed around and belittled, threatened to point of fear settling in. It's not right." You shake your head, placing your hands in the pockets of your grey hoodie. "I know that feeling all too well, it's actually why I was sent here."

"Tony said you kept getting into fights and hanging around with the wrong people," Peter simply stated and you nodded.

"Yeah, I kept picking fights with bullies, well, one bully. Martin made my life a living hell, in fact, he still does to this day. So bad I stopped going to school certain days, found a small group of guys and befriended them, they didn't know I was Tony's son at the time. Martin was able to twist it back to me, make out he was the victim all the time and it was believable, I wasn't a good student anyway. Got fed up one day, pushed me too far and I snapped, serious fight and he got badly hurt." Look to Peter who is nodding along, "I'm not trying to make out what I did was okay, it isn't. But... it felt nice to be in control of my life for a while."

Failing to mention that the only reason you and Martin actually fought was that he used you, humiliated you and threatened to out you... you had to take extreme measures; only in the hopes that he'd get the message, that he won't out your sexuality.

You both go back to silently walking beside one another, neither speaking nor looking at each other. You didn't really know where you were, luckily it seemed that Peter did.

"Well, I guess, thank you Y/N." He nods with a slightly confused frown at you, "I don't think you should've punched him though or gotten involved, you're going to get in trouble again."

You shrugged and smiled slightly. "Hey, nothing I can't handle. I'm Stark's son, how much trouble can I really get into, right? Plus, you're a little nerd, someone had to stop you from getting your ass beat." He chuckled and rolled his eyes at you. "Seriously, you shouldn't let them push you around like that. You work for Tony now, you gotta learn to stick up for yourself, kid."

"We're the same age, Y/N!" Peter laughs and shakes his head.

"Yeah, but I'm taller than you, so automatically you're a kid to me." You shrugged, "I don't make the rules." You look up at an apartment building that Peter walked the steps to, he turned his head nodding for you to come inside but you shake your head, nodding to a black SUV parked a distance away with Happy in the driver's seat giving you a glare. "That's my ride to hell," you grin as Peter looked sympathetically at you. "I'll be fine, just stay out of trouble?" You suggested and Peter sighed.

"Wish I could." You laughed.

Walking backwards before turning around and strolling over to the car, Happy got out giving you a stern huff of disapproval, ignoring Peter waving too. You smiled and awkwardly wave back to Peter before getting into the opened passenger door, watching Happy walk back to his side.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do," Is all he mutters before driving off back to the base.