Spider-Man? Peter-Man!

*EDITED CHAPTER 2021*

*Flashback to the drunk reader*

Tony's POV

"Okay, where is he?" Tony loudly asks when entering the living room, glancing at Pepper who is sat on the plush cream sofa, cleaning her shoes with a disgruntled look, "what happened?"

Pepper only points to across the room where you have passed out on the floor, hair a mess, jacket half off and you seem to be snoring. Tony heavily sighs whilst still looking at you, you had told him you were going to a house party but he didn't think you'd drink alcohol there. He should've known better.

Tony walks over to you, lightly shaking one of your shoulders but you still don't wake up. He lifts one of your arms to around his neck, heaving you upwards till you're standing and groggily open both eyes, squinting around the room till they land Tony.

"Whaddup'?" Is all you muster, breath stinking of whatever alcohol you had but a goofy smile pulling at your lips: admittedly it makes Tony chuckle. "I don't feel so good," you mutter and hold your stomach.

Tony rolls his eyes, "Well, judging by how drunk you are, I'd say you'll have a bad hangover tomorrow morning kid." You scoff, repeatedly telling Tony that you are NOT drunk! "Yeah, sure."

He slowly helps you climb the stairs to your quarters you're babbling on about random stuff and people you talked to all night. Tony's only concern is getting you to bed, making sure you won't drown in your own vomit in your sleep.

"Do you think Peter likes me?" You ask when Tony opens your door, he glances at you but you're watching your own feet... your left shoe is missing. What happened to your shoe? "I think he doesn't like me." You answer the question yourself.

Tony frowns, "Peter doesn't hate anyone, he loves hanging out with you," He sits you on the edge of your bed before walking into your en-suite.

"Nooo, I mean, like-like me," you say in a matter-of-fact tone back, trying to get the rest of your jacket off but struggling with the sleeve.

Tony stops in the doorway of your bathroom, a glass of water in hand and watching you struggle till you eventually get the jacket off with a victory chuckle. You like Peter? As in have a crush on him? You always call him a nerd, in fact, he knew that you didn't like Peter to begin with, so what changed?

Unless you've always liked Peter but never admitted it to yourself. Maybe that's why you punched that guy for him, maybe that's why you went to Peter's late one night; it all starts adding up in Tony's mind and he just softly smiles at you.

"So, you like-like Peter, huh?" He sets the glass down and helps you untie the other shoe, you do a little shrug and actually look vulnerable for a moment. You look like a child that parent has found out about their secret stash of candy, "it's okay if you do, I don't mind. Peter is a good kid, one of the best," Tony tells you but tries not to push you for answers.

You nod slowly, "Doesn't matter if I did anyway, he won't like me back," Tony frowns, "He's wayyyy too smart for me and adorable, he can find better!"

Tony scoffs, "There's no one better than a Stark, trust me." You smile slightly at that, "He'd be the biggest idiot if he didn't like you. How intelligent you are doesn't come into play when you like someone; it's how they make you feel, who they make you want to become." Tony glances up only to find you have fallen asleep, he exhales softly and moves your body so you're comfortable before pulling a blanket over your body.

"You're a good dad, Tony." Pepper whispers from the doorway, "he's lucky to have you looking out for him."

"I try to be," He mutters out before turning the light off in your room and closing the door and smiling at Pepper, "but I'm the lucky one."